Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Friends of the NRA Delaware County

Hello all,

Currently, there is no Friends of the NRA chapter in Delaware County. We're hoping to change that this coming year. We are holding an informational meeting on Wednesday, February 1st at Delaware County Field and Stream Association. The meeting will be in the club house at 8pm. Below you'll find a brief summary of what the program is as well as the contact info for myself and our area's NRA Sr Field Representative.

Friends of NRA is a fundraising banquet program designed to raise money for various shooting related programs in both the immediate local area as well as nationally. A non-political effort using 100% of the proceeds on the ground. We allocate, ammo, firearms, targets and safety equipment (to mention a few things) to a ton of organizations throughout the country. High School Rifle teams, 4-H programs, Boy Scouts of America, sportsman’s clubs and many Jr rifle clubs.

These events are basically “booster clubs” for youth shooting programs. Friends of NRA uses volunteers to hold an event in the local area, then uses the same volunteers to help sell tickets as well as set up and tear down for the event.
    NRA membership is not required and our mailing list is private.

In its 25th year Friends of NRA has raised over $8.6 million throughout E PA and Delaware.

If you’re interested in volunteering for a NEW Delaware Co Friends of NRA event, contact Alex Dawes at dwadawes@gmail.com or Kory Enck at kenck@nrahq.org
    Opera Non Verba

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Friends of the NRA Delaware County

Have you posted this on the Delaware County Field & Stream facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/delcofs/?fref=ts

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    Hello all,

Currently, there is no Friends of the NRA chapter in Delaware County. We're hoping to change that this coming year. We are holding an informational meeting on Wednesday, February 1st at Delaware County Field and Stream Association. The meeting will be in the club house at 8pm. Below you'll find a brief summary of what the program is as well as the contact info for myself and our area's NRA Sr Field Representative.

Friends of NRA is a fundraising banquet program designed to raise money for various shooting related programs in both the immediate local area as well as nationally. A non-political effort using 100% of the proceeds on the ground. We allocate, ammo, firearms, targets and safety equipment (to mention a few things) to a ton of organizations throughout the country. High School Rifle teams, 4-H programs, Boy Scouts of America, sportsman’s clubs and many Jr rifle clubs.

These events are basically “booster clubs” for youth shooting programs. Friends of NRA uses volunteers to hold an event in the local area, then uses the same volunteers to help sell tickets as well as set up and tear down for the event.
    NRA membership is not required and our mailing list is private.

In its 25th year Friends of NRA has raised over $8.6 million throughout E PA and Delaware.

If you’re interested in volunteering for a NEW Delaware Co Friends of NRA event, contact Alex Dawes at dwadawes@gmail.com or Kory Enck at kenck@nrahq.org
    Do you have a rough estimate as to how much goes to local and how much to national programs?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Do you have a rough estimate as to how much goes to local and how much to national programs?
    50% goes directly back into the local area, and the other 50% goes into national programs. For the eastern part of PA there have been 130 requests for grants in the past year with 120 and 115 in the two preceding years.

And I have not posted it to the Delco Field and Stream Facebook page. I didn't even know one existed till right now
    Opera Non Verba

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    50% goes directly back into the local area, and the other 50% goes into national programs. For the eastern part of PA there have been 130 requests for grants in the past year with 120 and 115 in the two preceding years.

And I have not posted it to the Delco Field and Stream Facebook page. I didn't even know one existed till right now
    Thanks, that seems a fair split. Are there any other local events planned?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Thanks, that seems a fair split. Are there any other local events planned?
    I was just at a meeting for Chester County's chapter last night. They are holding their event in Kennet Square at the fire house and it's coming up on March 11th. That's probably the closest event that's happening the soonest.

Here's a link to the website where you can see all of the local chapters and events coming up. Most chapters hold their events in the early spring

https://www.friendsofnra.org/eventti...vents/Index/39
    Opera Non Verba

(Montgomery County)

Just a reminder that this informational meeting is taking place next Wednesday for anyone who is interested!
    Opera Non Verba

(Delaware County)

The Friends of NRA event was held last night in Delaware County. It was the first one I ever attended and I must admit, it was fantastic. Well worth the price of a ticket. Looking forward to next year. PennStateCarry, you did a great job. You put Delco on the map. Thank you.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for attending Gaff It!!
    I can honestly say I am looking forward to next year!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member