Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation 2A Rally Doylestown Sat. Mar 2nd

Open carry is neither being discouraged or encouraged, please be sensible and respectful to the message we are trying to spread. If you OC a longarm please have it in a carrying sling and do not handle it in public- safety is paramount. There will be a few short speakers and there will be pamphlets to distribute.

Come join other peaceful, law abiding citizens who support the 2nd Amendment in a rally of solidarity on Saturday 2 March 11 am to 12 Noon. This rally is to show public support for the 2nd Amendment, oppose the current gun control agenda in Washington, and promote common sense solutions such as repeal of gun free school zones and providing armed security in our schools.

The rally will be at the corner of Court and Main Street in Doylestown. We have notified Doylestown officials of the rally will meet at that corner and the small brick meeting area. We will spread out along the sidewalk - do not obstruct pedestrian and vehicle traffic

We will have some signs but please feel free to bring your own and American flags. Slogans for consideration:

We Support 2nd Amendment
    DC Gun Control is Illegal
    Leave us and our Guns Alone
    Our Children Deserve Armed Guards in School
    Registration leads to Confiscation
    “Shall not be Infringed”
    Washington is not the Solution
    Support your County Sheriff
    Law abiding citizens are NOT the problem
    Gun Ownership is a Natural Right not a Privilege

The rally will start at 11 am and disperse at Noon. Bucks County’s finest will be in the area. Make sure to thank them (and Vets) for their service. Ask them to uphold the Constitution and not support any gun control efforts that may come out of Washington.

Follow us at www.cgobc.org

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 2A Rally Doylestown Sat. Mar 2nd

this is being well advertised. ill be there, along with a dozen fiends.

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    this is being well advertised. ill be there, along with a dozen fiends.
    Heard about it at Tanners last week, from what I hear it should be a huge turnout.

See ya all there.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

I'll be making the trek from Philly back to the hometown for this.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Bucks County)

Just got back and I must say.....HUGE disappointment. 30,000 LTCF holders in Bucks County and probably more in Montgomery County and a paltry couple hundred show. That doesn't include Gun Owners without permits.....just wow.

Just Like 150 million gun owners and 5M belong to the NRA....SHAMEFUL.

What's that saying?

1. There are people that make things happen.
    2. There are people who watch things happen and
    3. There are people who wonder what happened.

Looks like Gun Owners are going to be #3.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Sorry you were disappointed, I think for an event that was conceived less than 2 weeks ago it was a great turnout. There will be others, hope you can make them.

Video from today http://youtu.be/05IkkI1DMcw

It was also covered by WFMZ Ch 69 from Allentown http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-region...z/-/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Just got back and I must say.....HUGE disappointment. 30,000 LTCF holders in Bucks County and probably more in Montgomery County and a paltry couple hundred show. That doesn't include Gun Owners without permits.....just wow.

Just Like 150 million gun owners and 5M belong to the NRA....SHAMEFUL.

What's that saying?

1. There are people that make things happen.
    2. There are people who watch things happen and
    3. There are people who wonder what happened.

Looks like Gun Owners are going to be #3.
    Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    Sorry you were disappointed, I think for an event that was conceived less than 2 weeks ago it was a great turnout. There will be others, hope you can make them.

Video from today http://youtu.be/05IkkI1DMcw

It was also covered by WFMZ Ch 69 from Allentown http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-region...z/-/index.html
    I understand what PocketProtector is saying and I understand what you are saying. It was a good turn out, any turn out is a good turn out. But for something that is so important and critical to the foundation and principles of this country it is a shame so few came.
    So many people say they support the 2A but when it comes time to put boots to the ground they are often "busy" or some other lame excuse. I was having a discussion with someone who claims to be a 2A supporter and I asked what they have done so far besides complain, they said nothing, not even a single email to their Rep!!!
    That is where the disapointment comes in. Yet when all is lost they will be crying the loudest at the injustice and asking how this could have happened while still sitting on their hands.
    It was good to see all the people from all walks of life and all ages representing us. Yes I would have loved to seen a few thousand of us but I was still proud of my neighbors.
    P.S I was the guy with the Golden Retriever.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

we work with what we have, and keep reaching out. Some can show up, some can give money, some can make calls... you get the point

the next one will be bigger and hopefully include a march around the boro

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    I understand what PocketProtector is saying and I understand what you are saying. It was a good turn out, any turn out is a good turn out. But for something that is so important and critical to the foundation and principles of this country it is a shame so few came.
    So many people say they support the 2A but when it comes time to put boots to the ground they are often "busy" or some other lame excuse. I was having a discussion with someone who claims to be a 2A supporter and I asked what they have done so far besides complain, they said nothing, not even a single email to their Rep!!!
    That is where the disapointment comes in. Yet when all is lost they will be crying the loudest at the injustice and asking how this could have happened while still sitting on their hands.
    It was good to see all the people from all walks of life and all ages representing us. Yes I would have loved to seen a few thousand of us but I was still proud of my neighbors.
    P.S I was the guy with the Golden Retriever.
    This is exactly right.....sure there were a few hundred but the apathy is apparent. Lots of Arm Chair/Facebook Activists is what I see.

The antis see light turnout and figure they got it wrapped up.

By the way, BIG Retriever.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast