Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default CeasefirePA is coming to my school

I'm a medical student in Philadelphia. Today Ceasefire PA is coming to educate medical students how to "advocate responsible change". The presentation is in an hour and a half. I'm not leaving until this person converts or I get kicked out. I'm not letting them brainwash medical students. As future docs people will eventually look up to us ( I'd like to think) for meaningful advice, and we don't need more anti's misquoting studies or taking data out of context.

I think I've accumulated ( in my brain) more than enough statistics to destroy any anti in a debate. But if the re is anything you guys want me to throw in let me know.

ps kslay88 and jumstein are my classmates. wish us all luck.

Edit: For those of you just joining us, and wishing me luck, I appreciate it but the talk already happened. I summed up some of the exchanges in this post, and this post.

In summary, I think it went well. Ended up having some good exchanges with the CeasefirePA rep, it was a respectful back-and-forth. Then Physicians for Social Responsibility came and had a doctor from my university's hospital speak. I think the poor guy suffered from an maternal alcohol abuse in utero, so I don't want to hate on him too much for the stupidity of his presentation. Nice that some school gave him an honorary doctorate though. If I see him on the floors I'm going to constantly annoy him with fake data since that's what he's about apparently.
    Last edited by jpkotor; March 2nd, 2013 at 07:54 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: CeasefirePA is coming to my school

Let us know how it goes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Allegheny County)

Ask the school why the NRA isn't getting equal time.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Be calm, collected and polite

It'll allow you more time to speak and make your overall message, talking points sound valid (cause they are)

Bounce their logic right back on them and put them in uncomfortable positions.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotor View Post
    I'm a medical student in Philadelphia. Today Ceasefire PA is coming to educate medical students how to "advocate responsible change". The presentation is in an hour and a half. I'm not leaving until this person converts or I get kicked out. I'm not letting them brainwash medical students. As future docs people will eventually look up to us ( I'd like to think) for meaningful advice, and we don't need more anti's misquoting studies or taking data out of context.

I think I've accumulated ( in my brain) more than enough statistics to destroy any anti in a debate. But if the re is anything you guys want me to throw in let me know.

Right on! Keep on em!!!!!!

(York County)

Good luck, just so you know I have found a good number firearms advocates in nursing school.

you're wasting your time. you're going to get shouted down and booed out of the room. But don't let that stop you. the best thing to do is find a public place, school paper, message board, ect and ask why the nra or foac isn't being given the same opportunity, like Emptymag said

(Lebanon County)

Ask them "why do you think a criminal has more rights to rob, rape and kill than my mother has to defend herself against the criminal?" " When a criminal has allready violated 20 laws, why do you think another one will make him stop and obey?", "How many laws actually STOPPED a crime?", "If you have your way, how are the tax paying lawful citizens to practice thier right to self-defense and perserve their rigth to life?" and pointed questions along those lines.
    Last edited by theshadow; March 1st, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotor View Post

Ask them when the GOA is speaking at your school.

(Lawrence County)

When they start speaking of the citizens "right to be safe", and they will, be sure to ask them if a 100lb woman doesn't have a right to defend herself against a 250lb rapist and how exactly she would accomplish that without a handgun. Especially if she doesn't have to pee at the moment. Be nice if you could record it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast