Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default 168th District-Rep. Thomas Killion Response

For those of us in the 168th District, I emailed Tom Killion and asked him to clarify his position on the Second Amendment and any future legislation. He responded a few minutes ago with this.

"I have not co-sponsored any legislation dealing with gun restrictions. However, I would vote for a bill limiting magazine sizes. That said, however, I do not believe any legislation will run in the House dealing with the issues you are concerned about. There is no desire by House Republican Leadership to move any such bills. If there is going to be action, it would more likely be on the Federal level. If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached anytime on my cell phone 610-###-####."

To be totally honest the magazine capacity comment shows how ignorant he is towards firearms. I will take him up on his offer and give him a call when I get some free time tomorrow or next week.
    Last edited by PaGunner; February 28th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 168th District-Rep. Thomas Killion Response

Quote Originally Posted by PaGunner View Post
    For those of us in the 168th District, I emailed Tom Killion and asked him to clarify his position on the Second Amendment and any future legislation. He responded a few minutes ago with this.

To be totally honest the magazine capacity comment shows how ignorant he is towards firearms. I will take him up on his offer and give him a call when I get some free time tomorrow or next week.
    PaGunner special request of you

Can you make a FTF meeting happen in local office to show Rep Killion this video.

we need to break the back of this stuff in PA now!

Before they have the votes.

Videos like this can change the equation.

Can you do make my special request happen?

NEW VIDEO CRUSHES MYTH ABOUT LARGE CAPACITY MAGAZINES, SAYS CCRKBA

BELLEVUE, WA – A new video obtained by the Citizens Committee for the Right to keep and Bear Arms destroys the myth surrounding so-called “high capacity magazines” by proving that determined shooters using smaller capacity magazines can fire just as fast, and in some cases even faster despite having to reload.

The startling video demonstration, conducted under the supervision of Boone County, Ind. Sheriff Ken Campbell and funded by ArmaLite, “throws cold water on anti-gunners who argue that magazine limitations are necessary to prevent mass shootings,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan M. Gottlieb. “We are all indebted to ArmaLite for this informative effort.”

“Under Sheriff Campbell’s supervision,” he explained, “two shooters – an experienced man and a novice female – are able to repeatedly fire 30-round shot strings at three targets, using 15-, ten- and six-round magazines, all in under 30 seconds.”

The male demonstrator fired 30 rounds from a pistol, first with two 15-round magazines, in 20.64 seconds, then with three ten-rounders in 18.05 seconds and finally with five six-round magazines in 21.45 seconds. The woman fired the same magazine sequence, with two 15-round magazines in 22.9 seconds, three ten-rounders in 25.51 seconds and the final five six-round magazines in 26.93 seconds.

In addition, the man then fires 20 rounds from an AR-15 rifle using a single magazine, in 12.16 seconds. He then fired 20 rounds using two ten-round magazines in less time, 10.73 seconds!

“Imposing magazine capacity limits creates a horribly false sense of security,” Gottlieb observed. “This video puts the lie to this politically-motivated disarmament strategy.”

Sheriff Campbell notes in the video that, “One of the reasons that the magazine restrictions are being proposed is the perception that if the active shooter has fewer bullets in magazines he will have to reload sooner and this will create an opportunity for someone to tackle him during the reload.”

In a demonstration, that notion is also proven false.

“Magazine capacity limits offer no panacea to the rare mass shootings that have alarmed the country,” Gottlieb said. “It is time to stop this nonsense and expose magazine limits as the monumental fraud they are.”

Gottlieb urged firearms owners to share this important video demonstration with state and federal lawmakers. The video can be found at YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Upj...e_gdata_player
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Washington County)

Please keep us posted. I may not be in your county, but I am in Pa. and would like to stay informed of the people that want to infringe on our rights!

No surprise. He supports one gun per month and lost/stolen legislation. You won't get anywhere with this guy, but good luck anyway.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    No surprise. He supports one gun per month and lost/stolen legislation. You won't get anywhere with this guy, but good luck anyway.
    It's better to try and fail than not try and never know. Best of luck OP! Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    It's better to try and fail than not try and never know. Best of luck OP! Keep us updated.
    You're right. It never hurts to try. I just know what his positions are. Several years ago, I saw him listed as an endorsed pro-2A candidate (on an FOAC voter guide, if I recall correctly). Shortly thereafter, I called him and his opponent (Fred Dewey) to see where they stood on gun rights.

I learned that Mr. Killion strongly supported one handgun per month and lost/stolen legislation. His opponent stated that he was a gun owner, but that he was also not opposed to one per month legislation.

I mentioned this in another post a long time ago (before that election). I also informed the pro 2A organization that endorsed him. I was apparently ignored since he remained on their list for that election, and the following election. He may still be on their endorsed list.

Either way, Killion is no friend of gun owners. Hopefully, he can be defeated next time around.
    Last edited by Willis; March 15th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.