Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Looking For Updated Info On FFL Transfer

I did a search for the best (mostly cheapest) FFL in the Allentown/Lehigh Valley area. The most recent I could find was over a year ago. Things change (prices rise, new shops open, shops close, etc.). So I'm putting the discussion out there again. Let's hear it for a current cheapest FFL transfer in the Allentown area. AR lowers have been popping up and I want to have a FFL ready to go when I get lucky enough to find one. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Looking For Updated Info On FFL Transfer

Not that simple. What an FFL charges to a walk-in who has never spent a dime in the shop, may not be the "friend rate".

Be a reliable customer. If you buy your ammo at WalMart and your guns off Gunbroker, then it's not surprising when an FFL charges you $50 a pop when you need him.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by eam5171 View Post
    I did a search for the best (mostly cheapest) FFL in the Allentown/Lehigh Valley area. The most recent I could find was over a year ago. Things change (prices rise, new shops open, shops close, etc.). So I'm putting the discussion out there again. Let's hear it for a current cheapest FFL transfer in the Allentown area. AR lowers have been popping up and I want to have a FFL ready to go when I get lucky enough to find one. Thanks for the help.
    George Bernstiel (FFL) has always been good to me, and he's near your neck of the woods. He charges $25 for transfers and is always a real pleasure to deal with. Highly reccommend, you can contact him @ rapidfirearms.net
    Last edited by AlphaChase; February 28th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Not that simple. What an FFL charges to a walk-in who has never spent a dime in the shop, may not be the "friend rate".

Be a reliable customer. If you buy your ammo at WalMart and your guns off Gunbroker, then it's not surprising when an FFL charges you $50 a pop when you need him.
    Well,the only gun I own (G23) was purchased at Eagle Arms and I heard they charge close to $50 now. Unfortunately, I've only been out of college 2 years and haven't had a good paying job yet so I've spent practically nothing on gun supplies (but thousands on students loans). A good business person, in my mind, would offer fair prices with customer service and keep customers coming back that way. The only other shop I've been in recently was Lehigh Valley Guns and Ammo where my brother in law bought a new 9. They were charging something like $90 a pmag, $1500 for a basic Bushy, and transfers at $45. Sure doesn't pique my interest.

(Bucks County)

donleys gun shop in quakertown i beleave charges 25$

quakertown not that far from allentown

http://www.gunrunner1000.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eam5171 View Post
    Well,the only gun I own (G23) was purchased at Eagle Arms and I heard they charge close to $50 now. Unfortunately, I've only been out of college 2 years and haven't had a good paying job yet so I've spent practically nothing on gun supplies (but thousands on students loans). A good business person, in my mind, would offer fair prices with customer service and keep customers coming back that way. The only other shop I've been in recently was Lehigh Valley Guns and Ammo where my brother in law bought a new 9. They were charging something like $90 a pmag, $1500 for a basic Bushy, and transfers at $45. Sure doesn't pique my interest.
    Understood, and that's why I offered a different perspective for you as you feel your way around the gun community. The price on the wall is not necessarily "the price", as you form a relationship with a store staff and owner, you can get better deals. It's not like price-shopping between WalMart and K-Mart, where they don't care who you are or what you've bought before.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Understood, and that's why I offered a different perspective for you as you feel your way around the gun community. The price on the wall is not necessarily "the price", as you form a relationship with a store staff and owner, you can get better deals. It's not like price-shopping between WalMart and K-Mart, where they don't care who you are or what you've bought before.
    I see where you're coming from. I guess in a sense, as I'm starting to make more money, I'm looking for that shop to start making connections with. A decent transfer price is what's going to lure me in at this point. I haven't really had great experiences in the shops closest to me yet, which would be Golden Trigger and Lehigh Valley Guns and Ammo. My experience at Eagles Arms was pretty good in that they matched my request of $480 for my Gen 3 Glock, but like I said, it was my only purchase and it was 2 years ago. I heard they've jacked up transfer fees and I doubt they would care that I bought 1 gun there a few years ago.
    I'm going to check that one in Quakertown. If all else fails, I'll make the drive to Boyer's. I've heard a lot of good things about that place.