Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default The sexiest pistol ever? My new 1911...

... is just sooooo damn sexy. The awesomeness actually drips from it.

Slipped off to the range for a quick box through my new-to-me Smith and Wesson 1911sc E-series Commander. Roger, my friend, I am ever in your debt.
    After only 50 rounds, I would payed a buck a bullet for 50 more to keep shooting, it was that sweet.

This gun fits my hand so comfortably. It holds my grip so well that the whole concept of hand/gun interplay just melts into the background and allows me to focus on the joys and aesthetic of touching off big hunks of lead downrange with repeatable & satisfying results.

Accuracy was fine at handgun ranges. It will only get better as I get more familiar with the caliber and this platform, assuming affordable target ammo ever become available again.

Anyway, would love to hear from any other Smith E series owners on their thoughts on this gun, especially the long term durability of it as a EDC.

The one "negative" I will allow, thus far, is the vaunted "Melonite" finish does not seem to be that tough. My gun came to me with the, apparently typical, gouge under the slide stop. Just clean to the bare metal. There are also some scratches under the ambi safety.

I put quotes around negative on account of the fact that I am cool with the fact that all guns that get used wind up with with such marks as life gives them, but the Glock I have had for years has nothing like this direct to bare metal stuff. No way Melonite is as tough as tennifer or whatever its called.

Sorry for no personal pics as yet, my camera is MIA and the one on my phone is a toy. I stole this one from the internet for those of you not familiar with this, the sexiest pistol ever.

Thank you Smith and Wesson for making such a drop dead sexy 1911 and again to you, Roger, for letting it stray from your stable.

Cheers all
    Last edited by Dr.um; February 27th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: The sexiest pistol ever? My new 1911...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.um View Post
    ... After only 50 rounds, I would payed a buck a bullet for 50 more to keep shooting, it was that sweet.

coincidentally I happen to have a box of 50 rounds that I would gladly part with for $50...lol but seriously, It's a good looking gun.

(Bucks County)

Well you can thank your friend roger for the idiot mark

looks like a nice gun, have yet to run across one but if i did id sure check it out!

(Lancaster County)

I've love the look of the E Series Smith's. I'm itching for a 1911 really bad right now and your not helping.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Well you can thank your friend roger for the idiot mark
    Its not THAT kind of mark... it is different and I dont think it was caused by mishandling but more likely rough bits on the slide stop and ambi safety.

This mark is more like a chunk of finish missing from a spot directly behind the slide stop. You cant even see it really unless the slide is locked back and the latch is up.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.um View Post
    Its not THAT kind of mark... it is different and I dont think it was caused by mishandling but more likely rough bits on the slide stop and ambi safety.

This mark is more like a chunk of finish missing from a spot directly behind the slide stop. You cant even see it really unless the slide is locked back and the latch is up.
    ahh got you, ive seen that one before (not on any of my 1911's though)...

this thread has sparked my curiosity about this pistola though, thanks for sharing

(Lehigh County)

Forgot to mention the (factory standard) trijicon night sights, which I actually did not get to test as such, but these are my first and they are really pretty cool. Funny sitting here in the dark, admiring my pistol... lol

It is almost as aesthetically pleasing to me in the dark as in bright light!

Also, these fish scales grew on me fast (that sounds weird, but I mean I was not sure at first but now i love them) They definitely set this pistol apart from all the other, near identical "off the shelf custom" 1911's these days.

What else? Oh, the trigger is really impressive, even compared to the Smith revolver I traded for this beaut. It has the slightest take up and breaks clean... almost revolver like

Great gun. I highly recommend it, even after only 50 rds.

D
    Last edited by Dr.um; February 27th, 2013 at 11:31 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I love all guns, but really have a soft spot for CZ types, and 1911's
    I think if I was to open carry, a nice 1911 would be the piece, almost just because with all the stuff you can do to them, it could be the well armed mans Fashion statement! Just like the wives jewelry. Doesnt hurt that criminals who are in the know, know thats a .45 on your hip and my not want to try to shake you down- with there sideways pointed Jennings, or shiny Bryco

How bout a real pic and not one plucked off the internet?
    and to the dust you shall return

(Lehigh County)

This gun is like sexy underwear... you wish you could show it off its so great looking, but you gotta keep it under your clothing or else people will stare and gather a crowd around you everywhere you go.

That brings up a good point though... for the first time, I am thinking that maybe my CC holster is gonna have to be as fancy as this gun... like ostrich or crocodile or something.

Oooh... if I can buy booollits, I will buy me some fancyboy leather!

Yahtzee!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast