Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New member!

Default New member!

hey all,

Im dan, currently a NJ resident. i am overseas currently and with all the free time i have ive been reading and starting to get into purchasing my first rifle!
    used to be a PA resident but the whole family moved to the shore about 10 years ago. Never knew how strict NJ is regarding gun laws until now!

my unit is having a commemorative weapons purchase program and they have pretty good deals (thats what these guys are telling me since I dont know the market price for ar 15s nowadays). $960 including tax for a brand new SIG SAUER m400 enhanced fde color.i was originally going to buy it for myself but since im a nj resident i would have to make it "nj legal" which cost 200-300bucks more.

i am planning to purchase the rifle for my girlfriend who is a pa resident and legal to buy. when i come back from deployment i am planning to move to pa, what do i need to do to put that rifle to my name?

also i will be in the lower merion area, do you guys know of any FFL in the area that doesnt charge like 50-70 dollars transfer fee?

really excited to come home and get the heck out of jersey!

thanks all

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New member!

Quote Originally Posted by LightWeight1022 View Post
    hey all,

Im dan, currently a NJ resident. i am overseas currently and with all the free time i have ive been reading and starting to get into purchasing my first rifle!
    used to be a PA resident but the whole family moved to the shore about 10 years ago. Never knew how strict NJ is regarding gun laws until now!

my unit is having a commemorative weapons purchase program and they have pretty good deals (thats what these guys are telling me since I dont know the market price for ar 15s nowadays). $960 including tax for a brand new SIG SAUER m400 enhanced fde color.i was originally going to buy it for myself but since im a nj resident i would have to make it "nj legal" which cost 200-300bucks more.

i am planning to purchase the rifle for my girlfriend who is a pa resident and legal to buy. when i come back from deployment i am planning to move to pa, what do i need to do to put that rifle to my name?

also i will be in the lower merion area, do you guys know of any FFL in the area that doesnt charge like 50-70 dollars transfer fee?

really excited to come home and get the heck out of jersey!

thanks all
    Regarding the Lower Merion FFL, the closest that I'm aware of is Leonard's Sporting Goods. They charge $45. I don't know of any place closer that charges materially less than Leonard's.

It's a small fishing shop and the owners are great, so I don't mind paying more than average--and helping out a small business.