Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone...

Cool Anyone...

Anyone in the past month or so apply or renew your LTCF in DELCO? How long has it been if you haven't received it yet?

Just curious to see what their current wait time is, I applied 02/21/13. I'll keep you guys updated in the time frame for my approval/denial.

I gotta say it wasnt too bad of an experience, the two ladies taking apps were polite and it wasn't crowded (9:45am on Tuesday). O and no interviews, that always makes the process alot faster.lol
    Last edited by thaghost87; February 26th, 2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added info

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Anyone...

My initial license took about 52 days, my renewal was 32. They didn't contact anyone for the renewal, they contacted everyone for the initial license. Last I dealt with the DELCO Sheriff was Jan of 2012.

Buddy of mine submitted his application on 1/11/13 to DELCO

Picked up his LTCF yesterday, 3/2/12

This was a first time application. He used me as a reference but I was never called.

Roughly a 50 day turnaround.

Good Luck!

I dont understand why it takes soo long in your guys counties. its in/out half hour in lackawanna county. whats wrong with this time table? idk, seems screwy.

(Dauphin County)

I applied 3/7/13... I an a new resident. Hopefully I get it within 45 days...

(Delaware County)

Applied Feb 14th (first time) still waiting.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ak47fullmag View Post
    I dont understand why it takes soo long in your guys counties. its in/out half hour in lackawanna county. whats wrong with this time table? idk, seems screwy.
    It's probably because Delco probably processes 10 times as many licenses as your county.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ak47fullmag View Post
    Not all counties do them on the spot. Many take the application and do a background check latter. Some do a check similier to when you buy a gun and you are on your way. They are required by law to have a decission within 45 days.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Dauphin County)

So what's the resolution?

(Delaware County)

Angry Re: Anyone...

I applied for my first LTCF on 2/2. Based on the definition of "day" in the PA statutes I received my approval on day 45, 3/20, and picked it up the next day.

During the wait I dropped by the office to check on the progress on Monday night, 3/11. The deputy checked the shelf of completed files - nada. Then he checked the stack that was being actively worked on that day and said they were from 1/25, or about 44 days earlier. My *impression* is that they are letting the applications languish simply because they can and not processing them until the last moment. If they are *all* taking 45 days to process then - logically - they are processing one day's worth of applications each day, or - mathematically - one hour's worth every hour. If the volume was too much for them then they would be getting behind; they are not. Even allowing that they may be functioning at their limit, I would think that adding 1 worker to the process - even half time - should be able to eliminate the 'backlog' in a month or two, but I don't feel that that would be one of their goals. I know they didn't contact either of my references, so that did not cause any delays.

In short: I say they are taking 45 days to process applications because they *CAN*, not because they need to.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast