Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CZ-52

Default CZ-52

Just picked up a CZ-52 today. It's in good shape.

Are there any issues specific to these guns? I know they use system of roller and cams in the action and I was just wondering if there's any tips or tricks for them.

Here's a pic:

Default Re: CZ-52

Sig - I have one I bought a few years back, Back then they were saying not to Dry fire them if they had the Original firing pin installed, Because they were supposedly Brittle. I replaced both my Firing pin and the cam bearings with current manufactured hardened ones, just to be safe.

Mine is not too crazy about Bulgarian surplus, It likes the Romy stuff, other than that, that is all I ever shot out of it. I have a few TT33's that eat anything I put through them, So I don't know why it doesn't like the Bulgy stuff, Thankfully I only have about 700 rounds of that and about 10K of the Romy, So I'm good to go for awhile.

All in All it's an interesting piece of History and If I ever come across another one at the right price, I'd jump on it.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Montgomery County)

I have a couple from the early imports around 18-20 odd years ago. The firing pins will break on dry fire as they are cast. You can obtain new made steel ones from Harrington. Also, the safety has a decocker role but do not try it unless pointed down range as it may fire when the hammer drops if not correctly set. They are fun to fire at night as the jet of flame from particularly the Czech ammo is something to be experienced!! Dave_n

(Monroe County)

When makarov.com were in business i bought the firing pin replacement kit for mine also the slide release and some other stuff but lost the whole shebang in my house before i could get to install any of it ,hope someday i'll find them, yes the milsurp factory firing pin are brittle and can break anytime soon depending on activity, the original milsurp rollers were soft as they are a doughnut type instead of a solid hardened steel like the american replacement ones, they are a fun gun, but they are a deadly defense weapon as well , imagine an 85 grain pointed fmj bullet hitting someone at near 1600 fps!

(Cumberland County)

I also bought a replacement firing pin from Numerich - mine actually broke shortly after I purchased it. I have had a few issues with certain ammo, but nothing crazy. Decent gun. I like my M57 Tokarev better though for accuracy and reliability. Always nice to have pcs of history though
    Nice looking 52 btw - congrats!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by SigSauer226 View Post
    Just picked up a CZ-52 today. It's in good shape.

Are there any issues specific to these guns? I know they use system of roller and cams in the action and I was just wondering if there's any tips or tricks for them.

Here's a pic:

I recommend exercising caution if you fire military 7.62x25 ammo out of it, hotter SMG in particular. You'll hear a lot of folks saying the CZ-52 is fine with hot loads.

There are two school of thought on the 7.62x25 pistol durability question: the CZ-52 and the TT-33. The only person I'm aware of that actually performed his own experiments was Clark Magnuson. The concern is the chamber thickness at the roller relief cuts. The argument became heated on rec.guns, with Clark taking a lot of hits about it. But, his test data held against the criticism.

Aside from ammunition, keep a few extra firing pins handy and you should be fine. And...clean it judiciously if you fire corrosive ammunition (details) read: anything other than modern commercial ammunition.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Elk County)

These are really fun handguns. It will eject brass into the neighboring county!