Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: Preventing Philla and Pgh from continually deciding PA's fate?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    As you can see from population density map below the cities control the agenda, guess were most of the most vocal anti-gun reps are from and which areas the most pro gun are from?

Politics is not push key board buttons political warfare, it requires people to become personally involved, get into action, along with at some time putting boots on the ground to dominate the battle field, as we have gotten much of the negative parts of UFA enacted by our Ignorance, silent consent and apathy when the OPFOR are fully engaged 24/7/365 to take them away a little slice at a time.
    This was essentially the point of my frustration. I write, I call, I visit, and still feels like it doesn't matter. Color me frustrated and venting a bit. Just like defending any secure position, the enemy only has to succeed once while we have to succeed every time (paraphrasing of course).

Quote Originally Posted by bmwaudio View Post
    this is why they make a stink about voter ID laws... its common sense to me... need ID to drive, buy smokes, buy booze, etc.... why shouldn't this be needed to prove whom you are, we just saw on the news one of the people say they voted for Obummer 6 times, and now they got busted with the fake tweeting anti gun garbage to sens. These idiots need to be stopped by whatever means necessary, at this point it is not looking good for us, and i am tired of "standing up and fighting" for my god born rights and freedoms. This should not even be an issue, and we should not have to be doing this.
    I was thinking of this the other day. The election is over what happened to voter ID law? What happend to PA get to spilt its electorial votes?

Quote Originally Posted by alethialogos57 View Post
    This was essentially the point of my frustration. I write, I call, I visit, and still feels like it doesn't matter. Color me frustrated and venting a bit. Just like defending any secure position, the enemy only has to succeed once while we have to succeed every time (paraphrasing of course).
    Yes we will never be done. They want you to get tired and worn down and give up. They have very deep pockets and are very passionate about their position. We need to band together and be vocal. We need to finacially support our cause too. I am not a big fan of throwing money at things but now is the time to set some aside and have it ready to help fund lawsuits, organizations, legal funds, candidates in primarys both local and National. Heck to fund a bus to Harrisburg for those who are broke.

Our fight right now is nothing less than the fight for liberty or servitude.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

There is a fix for some of this in the works. My GF is on some democrat contact list because she went to a Hillary speech a few years ago, and she is getting robocalls telling her to contact her state legislators to oppose election reform that would allocate PA's electoral votes by congressional district instead of winner-take-all.

This is in a committee right now, and still off the MSM radar.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    There is a fix for some of this in the works. My GF is on some democrat contact list because she went to a Hillary speech a few years ago, and she is getting robocalls telling her to contact her state legislators to oppose election reform that would allocate PA's electoral votes by congressional district instead of winner-take-all.

This is in a committee right now, and still off the MSM radar.
    I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. Allocation by congressional district reduces the importance of PA in the presidential race.

Quote Originally Posted by alethialogos57 View Post
    You've either missed my point or simply refused to acknowledge it. It is easy to control to the mindset of people when you pile millions into a small area. Having lived in the city before one of the things that drove me away was how dependent everyone is. Sure folks like to believe they're independent but let the power, water, phone, cable, food, gas, or any other service go down and watch what happens. Granted this is a sweeping generality and doesn't encompass everyone who lives in the city but any rational person should be able to see the norm and the exceptions. Yet I'm supposed to accept that someone who represents a big city knows better. No thank you. Heaven forbid someone should want to question how or why these two cities have so much influence or desire to change it.
    Not sure what you mean by the "big city" or "dependent," but here are some numbers you might find interesting. According to 2010 Census data, the four nearest counties to Philadelphia (Chester, Montgomery, Delaware, and Bucks -- not including Philadelphia) have the combined population of the least populous 43 counties in the Commonwealth -- about 1.6x Philly's population -- and the combined income (think tax $$) of the lowest per capita income 47 counties.
    Last edited by donm; February 26th, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12