Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Northampton County Sheriff - "Throw Us In Jail If You Want" (LTCF)

Quote Originally Posted by KBoy420 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just had an unpleasant call with the Northampton County Sheriff's office. I had called becasue it has now been 30 days since I dropped off my LTCF application. I simply wanted to call to get a status update. Here's how it went:

Me: Hello. I wanted to call to get a status update on my LTCF application.
    Deputy: Ha. It will take at least 4 to 5 months becasue of how backed up we are.
    Me: Oh. I was under the assumption that you had 45 days to deny someone their license.
    Deputy: Yea well, in this environment, with 500 applicants in the last month, it will be 4 to 5 months before you hear anything.
    Me: Well, the law states 45 days to deny. Doesn't that law apply regardless of how many people apply, how backed up you are?
    Him: (laughing) throw us in jail if you want.
    Me: Thank you for your time.

WTF is that? I realize I have not yet waited the full 45 days, just wondering what you all think. Also, has anyone in Northampton county successfully demanded their license after the 45 days? Thanks!

It took them 54 days to issue my LCTF 2 years ago when they we not backed up.....
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by KBoy420 View Post
    I plan to take action, but want to do so in a respectful and meaningful way. There's no sense in going and arguing with them. Last thing I want to do is piss someone off who can reject my application, have to go thru the appeals process, spend a ton of money I dont have, etc.

As I said, I'm not quite at my 45 days yet, but will be very shortly. Any more tips on how to tactfully go about this would be appreciated. I just sent an email to Rep. Dent as someone else suggested.

PS - the automated phone director for Northampton County Sheriff's office still refers to a LTCF as a Concealed Carry Weapons Permit. "Press 2 for questions relating to concealed carry weapons permits."
    So does the sign at the window to request the application... It doesnt surprise me. They also give you a line of untrue bullshit when you apply about where you can and cannot carry.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Bucks County)

Pretty obvious what’s going on. Obstruction by an anti gun Sherrif and cohorts. Time to call in Joshua Prince
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Delaware County)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    So true. But even though this thread is officially a Zombie...........has anything changed?

(Northampton County)

Actually things have changed. This year was the first time I've ever received a renewal notice, and after renewing I had my license back in less than 30 days. Not the full 45 days they always took.

(Berks County)

I guess it's one reason to move to Berks. Same day, 20 minutes.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I guess it's one reason to move to Berks. Same day, 20 minutes.
    Ditto Cumberland. On-the-spot issue in about 15 minutes.
    DGAF

(Chester County)

Chester County, 14 minutes, 24 minutes total from car to office back to car.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Montco renewal was quick. Deputies at the door gave me a locker for my Colt 45 auto. They liked the ‘Colt 45’. Was in and out in 30 minutes.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast