Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Northampton County Sheriff - "Throw Us In Jail If You Want" (LTCF)

Hi Everyone,

Just had an unpleasant call with the Northampton County Sheriff's office. I had called becasue it has now been 30 days since I dropped off my LTCF application. I simply wanted to call to get a status update. Here's how it went:

Me: Hello. I wanted to call to get a status update on my LTCF application.
    Deputy: Ha. It will take at least 4 to 5 months becasue of how backed up we are.
    Me: Oh. I was under the assumption that you had 45 days to deny someone their license.
    Deputy: Yea well, in this environment, with 500 applicants in the last month, it will be 4 to 5 months before you hear anything.
    Me: Well, the law states 45 days to deny. Doesn't that law apply regardless of how many people apply, how backed up you are?
    Him: (laughing) throw us in jail if you want.
    Me: Thank you for your time.

WTF is that? I realize I have not yet waited the full 45 days, just wondering what you all think. Also, has anyone in Northampton county successfully demanded their license after the 45 days? Thanks!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Northampton County Sheriff - "Throw Us In Jail If You Want" (LTCF)

Quote Originally Posted by KBoy420 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just had an unpleasant call with the Northampton County Sheriff's office. I had called becasue it has now been 30 days since I dropped off my LTCF application. I simply wanted to call to get a status update. Here's how it went:

Deputy: Ha. It will take at least 4 to 5 months becasue of how backed up we are.
    Me: Oh. I was under the assumption that you had 45 days to deny someone their license.
    Deputy: Yea well, in this environment, with 500 applicants in the last month, it will be 4 to 5 months before you hear anything.
    Me: Well, the law states 45 days to deny. Doesn't that law apply regardless of how many people apply, how backed up you are?

WTF is that? I realize I have not yet waited the full 45 days, just wondering what you all think. Also, has anyone in Northampton county successfully demanded their license after the 45 days? Thanks!
    That's BS. If Philly complies now, there's no excuse for anyone else. =\

(Northampton County)

Right? It is BS. I'm sorry Mr. Sheriff, becasue your office can't handle the number of applicants doesn't change the fact that the law states you have 45 days to deny me. 4-5 months is absolutely ridiculous! As I said I have some time left, but I'm ready with all my print outs of statutes, definitions, etc. so that on day 46 I can go there in person prepared. I'm just afraid it will do more harm than good. If anyone has any experiences demanding their license in NOrthampton county, please hit me up. THanks!

(Chester County)

Hi Everyone,

I'd give the actual Sheriff a call and let 'em know how the deputy replied to your question. I'm sure he/she will sing a different tune.

(Northampton County)

Type your zip code in here:

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/dbq/officials/

Call your rep and your senator's local office. Tell them what happened and you want a resolution. Yes, I know the Sheriff is elected. Do it anyway. And don't take that line from them, either.

Also, check where their local offices are. They all have offices in the Lehigh Valley. Would be worthwhile to go in person if you have the time during the day.

Whatever you do, don't email them. They are running a week or more behind. Call or show up.

(Northampton County)

I wish we had our old Sheriff back

That was weird the way they all quit. Still wonder what was up.

(Northampton County)

I called yesterday to ask the Sheriff where he stands on all of the Gun Control nonsense. I was told he is out this week because of a death in his family. I received a letter from him asking me to join the Sheriffs' Association but I can't find anything online about where Sheriff Miller stands.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Lackawanna County)

Another example among many of someone thinking him (or her!)self to be in a different class than us little people.

Wait 15 more days and then:

http://www.pacourts.us/assets/files/...11/file-78.pdf

This form is to be used by private citizens when requesting criminal charges be filed against a defendant. Please note that Rule 506 of the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure requires that when a private citizen completes this form, it must be submitted to the district attorney's office for approval before it can be filed in a Pennsylvania magisterial district court. It may be filed only in a Pennsylvania magisterial district court and not in the Philadelphia Municipal Court. No changes may be made to this form either in content or format without the express written approval of the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts
    I dare ya!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by steamtownwelder View Post
    Wait 15 more days and then:

http://www.pacourts.us/assets/files/...11/file-78.pdf

I dare ya!

Hmmm...interesting.

Get on this, and stay on it until the sheriff has been put in his place. You don't want to end up where this will lead to.

And where is that, you ask? Currently, some counties in NY have a 1-year waiting period to TURN IN your application. Then an indefinite waiting period while they investigate it. When they finally decide to present your application to the judge, he has six months to decide. It could be two or more years before people get their permits now, and the counties are just starting to do this BS (imagine what it will be like 10 years from now).

Nip this in the bud, it's in everyone's best interest.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast