Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Northampton County Sheriff - "Throw Us In Jail If You Want" (LTCF)

I plan to take action, but want to do so in a respectful and meaningful way. There's no sense in going and arguing with them. Last thing I want to do is piss someone off who can reject my application, have to go thru the appeals process, spend a ton of money I dont have, etc.

As I said, I'm not quite at my 45 days yet, but will be very shortly. Any more tips on how to tactfully go about this would be appreciated. I just sent an email to Rep. Dent as someone else suggested.

PS - the automated phone director for Northampton County Sheriff's office still refers to a LTCF as a Concealed Carry Weapons Permit. "Press 2 for questions relating to concealed carry weapons permits."

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by KBoy420 View Post
    As I said, I'm not quite at my 45 days yet, but will be very shortly. Any more tips on how to tactfully go about this would be appreciated. I just sent an email to Rep. Dent as someone else suggested.
    Dent is one of the few legislators that will talk to you personally if you call him, or will call you back if he is busy.

Don't email. Call him and talk to him. Or leave a message for his staff to have him call you back. Make it clear it's not some "Second Amendment" "Issue" or "Question," that you are having a problem and require assistance.

(Northampton County)

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the Northampton County Sheriff not sending out the legally required renewal applications.

Well, I went and filed to renew my LTCF, and inquired about the reason why they aren't sending out renewals, and was told 'it is only a suggestion' that they should do it. I did challenge the person, stating the law says 'SHALL', not 'SHOULD'. Icy glare back is all.

Was told that it would be 6 to 8 weeks at least before I receive my new LTCF.

I'll have to look at the form to file a private criminal complaint. But to what avail? There is no penalty defined in the law for the Sheriff who violates the laws they are supposed to be upholding....<sigh>

-Darryl

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by dsnover View Post

I'll have to look at the form to file a private criminal complaint. But to what avail? There is no penalty defined in the law for the Sheriff who violates the laws they are supposed to be upholding....<sigh>

-Darryl

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/crm/242fin.php

DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW
    Summary:

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.

For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Type your zip code in here:

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/dbq/officials/

Call your rep and your senator's local office. Tell them what happened and you want a resolution. Yes, I know the Sheriff is elected. Do it anyway. And don't take that line from them, either.

Also, check where their local offices are. They all have offices in the Lehigh Valley. Would be worthwhile to go in person if you have the time during the day.

Whatever you do, don't email them. They are running a week or more behind. Call or show up.
    You asked and you shall receive

Name - email - Harrisburg-Phone - Dist Phone
    Joe Emrick jemrick@pahousegop.com (717) 2606159 (570) 8970401
    Marcia M. Hahn mhahn@pahousegop.com (717) 7838573 (610) 7462100
    Julie Harhart jharhart@pahousegop.com (717) 7725398 (610) 5022701
    Daniel Mcneill dmcneill@pahouse.net (717) 7729902 (610) 8821510
    Justin Simmons jsimmons@pahousegop.com (717) 7831673 (610) 282-3901
    Robert L. Freeman rfreeman@pahouse.net (717) 7833815 (610) 2535543
    Steve Samuelson ssamuels@pahouse.net (717) 7051881 (610) 8673890

Rep Freeman & Rep Samuelson don't expect much help

the Northampton senators are weak as well, still they ALL work for you

Name E-Mail - Harrisburg-Phone - District-Phone
    Lisa Boscola boscola@pasenate.com (717) 787-4236 (610) 868-8667
    Patrick Browne pbrowne@pasen.gov (717) 787-1349 (610) 821-8468
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Type your zip code in here:

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/dbq/officials/

Call your rep and your senator's local office. Tell them what happened and you want a resolution. Yes, I know the Sheriff is elected. Do it anyway. And don't take that line from them, either.

Also, check where their local offices are. They all have offices in the Lehigh Valley. Would be worthwhile to go in person if you have the time during the day.

Whatever you do, don't email them. They are running a week or more behind. Call or show up.
    For the bolded: In Northampton County, the Sheriff is appointed by the County Executive (and there's something to do with the President Judge too).

Making noise to the County Council and County Executive _should_ help...

-Darryl

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by dsnover View Post
    For the bolded: In Northampton County, the Sheriff is appointed by the County Executive (and there's something to do with the President Judge too).

Making noise to the County Council and County Executive _should_ help...

-Darryl
    Thank you, I keep forgetting about that.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]the Northampton senators are weak as well, still they ALL work for you

Name E-Mail - Harrisburg-Phone - District-Phone
    Lisa Boscola boscola@pasenate.com (717) 787-4236 (610) 868-8667
    Patrick Browne pbrowne@pasen.gov (717) 787-1349 (610) 821-8468
    Have you been inside Browne's Allentown office? It doesn't look like the office of a weak man. It's the biggest and most staffed PA Senate office I've seen. 20x bigger than US Senator Casey's Allentown dump down the street. Probably bigger than US Senator Toomey's main office. He also has awesome free stuff, like big legal guides and gun law books. Fish and game law books, you name it.

(Lackawanna County)

What a joke..... Lackawanna county has been getting around 150 per week and it still only takes a few min to get it
    Last edited by Mattintaylor; February 26th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

(York County)

Send him a certified letter, something to the effect of,

"It has been 45 days since my applicaiton, and per state law, I can only assume since you have not denied me, and I know of no reason why you would, that I have received your approval for a LTCF.

I shall begin to carry a firearm hencewith, and if there shall be any issues within our county or others I trust you will be available for all civil matters and court dates I may be required to attend.

If I am sued for the use of a handgun and should have been denied, please be advised you may be personally named in any resulting lawsuit."

That may get his attention....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast