Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default French Creek Outfitters - Phoenixville

Just wanted to post a positive reference for French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville PA. I went last Sunday for put about 150 rounds through three handguns. I was there around noon or so, and there was no wait. Contrary to some others' experience, the guy running the range was very courteous and respectful. It was my first time there, and he just had me read a normal rules of the range page that was all common sense stuff. No interrogation or grilling regarding my experience level. There were about 5 other people shooting and fortunately I didn't see anyone acting in an unsafe manner. Seemed to be a nice facility, and I had a positive experience there.

And on an even better note, my Glock 27, S&W M&P 9mm and S&W 442 performed flawlessly.
    Last edited by danp; October 4th, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: French Creek Outfitters - Phoenixville

The guy with the lazy eye is the asshat. Everyone else has been great, although the older gentleman let some kids in with sandals on. Whoops.

$11/hr to shoot. Tuesdays are ladies nights, $1/hr for women. Fridays are date nights, guy pays regular, lady shoots for free.

Ear and eye protection are $1 each to rent. Targets are 5 for $1.

I beleive its a 50 foot range, but I could be wrong. 12 lanes, with benches both in front, and shelves to the side of each lane. Nice target hangers. Very well lit and ventilated.

Ammo isnt too cheap, but reasonable. I stock up from WalMart, but Ill buy an extra box from them if the mood suits me.

Floor is carpeted and clean, with maintained trash bins for brass. You are required to sweep up your lane when finished, and they provide decent brooms and dustpans. If you dont clean, you get black listed.

One thing I like, you have to visually verify with the range attendant that your firearm and mags are unloaded before you can leave.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post

One thing I like, you have to visually verify with the range attendant that your firearm and mags are unloaded before you can leave.

Interesting...That's the part I don't like. I have a LTCF, and I have to unload, bag it and then once out in the car, reload, holster.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pstew View Post
    Interesting...That's the part I don't like. I have a LTCF, and I have to unload, bag it and then once out in the car, reload, holster.
    That is not true if ou ask the range officer he will tell you cause they have told me as I shoot there very often. All you need to do is show clear go back into your lane reload your clips and rack one in the chamber drop the mag put in that one extra round reholster and go on your way. I do it every time I shoot here which is usually one or two times a week. I have even been the only one on the range and the range officer watched me do this and did not even blink. If you re-read the range rules it even says it right in the rules, French creek will not oppress your second amendment rights and that is why I do shoot there. I will not buy a new firearm form them just cause they are a little salty on their prices. As far as the range goes I only ran into one unsafe condition at which point the range officer came flying in and corrected it immeadiately!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Chester County)

I have a LTCF, and I have to unload, bag it and then once out in the car, reload, holster.
    Unless something changed, you are allowed to to load your carry piece when you are done shooting it and reholster before leaving the range...see this post & thread.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/ranges-18...ea-page-2.html
    from JLBIII
    There seems to be some misunderstanding about CCW and the store policy. If you have a valid CCW, you are allowed to carry your loaded concealed firearm on your person at all times. You may use your CCW firearm on the range. You may only draw your firearm when you are actually on the firing line as there is no handling of any firearms behind the firing line. When you are finished, you may load it while on the range and place it back in its concealed holster before leaving the firing line on the range. Any firearms not carried on your person need to be cased and unloaded while in the store area at all times, regardless if you have a CCW permit or not. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

(Chester County)

Nothing has changed the rules are the same.

(Montgomery County)

$11/hr to shoot. Tuesdays are ladies nights, $1/hr for women. Fridays are date nights, guy pays regular, lady shoots for free.

Ear and eye protection are $1 each to rent. Targets are 5 for $1.

I beleive its a 50 foot range, but I could be wrong. 12 lanes, with benches both in front, and shelves to the side of each lane. Nice target hangers. Very well lit and ventilated.
    Our price at FCO is $12 an hour to shoot. Tues. is ladies day where women shoot for a $1 per. hr. for as long as the range is open.

It is a 75 ft. range with 10 firing points. HTH

JB

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLBIII View Post
    Our price at FCO is $12 an hour to shoot. Tues. is ladies day where women shoot for a $1 per. hr. for as long as the range is open.

It is a 75 ft. range with 10 firing points. HTH

JB
    I truly do enjoy shooting at French Creek Outfitters. Thank you for running a very nice establishment!!!

(Delaware County)

My Wife and I shoot there pretty regularly and have not had any bad experiences yet.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Montgomery County)

The guy with the lazy eye is the asshat.

Presuming you're talking about Derek.. He's a good guy. Maybe not "chatty" and stays to business generally, but a good guy nonetheless. He also is pretty knowledgeable, and is happy to give out tips and pointers. I've seen him helping out new shooters and he offered to give me some tips to get used to my new .38 snubby which is giving me fits accuracy-wise. He doesn't play around when it comes to safety issues either, which I appreciate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast