Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: French Creek Outfitters - Phoenixville

I shoot at French Creek Outfitters often, and have had all positive experiences there.

I have found all the employees to be friendly,knowledgeable and helpful.
    Μολών λαβέ

(Chester County)

Whenever I go (I go with my Dad and Knighthawk & Family) I always have a positive experience. I remember that time the range officer ran in, it was actually a good experience for me because it tells me that, "Yes.. we ARE watching."

IMO though the ventilation could be a little better. Not lookin for fans that spin 90 MPH but just enough so that when I walk in I don't walk into a cloud of gunpowder.

All in all though, 2 Thumbs up.

P.S, Lookin for a G19 but I don't have much $ yet. Keep the lookout! :-)
    ==============================
    ~Jester~

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoCJester View Post
    Whenever I go (I go with my Dad and Knighthawk & Family) I always have a positive experience. I remember that time the range officer ran in, it was actually a good experience for me because it tells me that, "Yes.. we ARE watching."

IMO though the ventilation could be a little better. Not lookin for fans that spin 90 MPH but just enough so that when I walk in I don't walk into a cloud of gunpowder.

All in all though, 2 Thumbs up.

P.S, Lookin for a G19 but I don't have much $ yet. Keep the lookout! :-)

Do you recall exactly what was going on that the range officer had to address?

(Chester County)

The little bench/tables next to the range lanes are meant (mainly) for ammo/loading mags only. Someone was pulling his gun up to the lane, shooting his rounds, then putting the gun down on the table, (facing where others were/could be standing) down the other lanes.

Wether or not the gun was loaded doesn't matter, the guns stay out on the lane until they are given the, "OK" to pack up and leave the range. He was shooting down the lane, loading on the table, and then shooting down the lane. A big "No No" at that range as it's unsafe.
    ==============================
    ~Jester~

(Montgomery County)

ahh.. makes sense that they would address that. I certainly wouldn't want the business end facing my back as I was reloading. Thanks for the info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoCJester View Post
    The little bench/tables next to the range lanes are meant (mainly) for ammo/loading mags only. Someone was pulling his gun up to the lane, shooting his rounds, then putting the gun down on the table, (facing where others were/could be standing) down the other lanes.

Wether or not the gun was loaded doesn't matter, the guns stay out on the lane until they are given the, "OK" to pack up and leave the range. He was shooting down the lane, loading on the table, and then shooting down the lane. A big "No No" at that range as it's unsafe.
    Yeah that was scary I looked up and saw I had a .357 mag pointed at me. But by the time I hoped back from the muzzle direction the range officer was on him letting him no it was not exceptible and thier would be no second chance. Very fond of that place.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Montgomery County)

Went to FCO for the first time yesterday. Especially considering it was a holiday, it was not too crowded at all, and the folks running the range were professional and pleasant. The RO took the time out to give me some pointers on shooting Colt 1911A1 a bit better. Plus, they have an archery range upstairs so my son kept busy up there while I was on the pistol range. Nice place, decent rates for range time -- I'd go back again.

(Chester County)

In addition to being convenient where driving time is concerned, shooting at French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville has nearly become a habit.

Have found the folks there to be helpful, safety-oriented, accommodating, and downright friendly. I once was asked to move from one lane to another when some folks with some machine guns came in and wanted to shoot next to each other. The gentleman there gave me and my shooting partner a coupon to shoot for free within the next 30 days.

A fair exchange, I thought...

I have to check out some reloads next week - and a .454 I was asked to sight in. I don't reload those rounds, so I hope it doesn't take more than 3-5 rounds to get the scope for this revolver on target.

(Montgomery County)

I haven't been anywhere else except French Creek Outfitters. The employees their are always nice and curteous. Even the guys who are shooting at the range are cool and safe. The last time I was their, a complete stranger well I wouldn't call him a complete stranger now because he was a really cool dude. He let me shoot his kimber and glock just out of the blue! I even offered him to shoot my sigs that I had, but he said it was cool. I should of bought the guy a beer. He even showed me a few pointers to improve my accuracy.

(Delaware County)

I'm also an on and off regular at FCO. Place is well run, the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I buy a firearm there once in a while as well, depending on what they have and what the price is. I have a range membership.

I tend to go there during the Winter or bad weather. If the weather is better, I'll go to the nearby Kimberton Fish and Game to shoot my rifles; I'm a member there too.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast