Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Where are people shopping in Montgomery County?

Hi everyone,

I've bought two guns at Insite Firearms recently and they are a good store with good customer service. They have a decent selection but I'm looking to find a place with a very large selection so I can check out the most products in one stop, rather than driving to two or three smaller shops just to get feel for everything I want to look at. I've been to target world as well and they have a nice selection as well but I am just curious if there is anything bigger around. I know I may be getting greedy with this question and a place like this might not exist, but it can't hurt to ask. Thanks for all of your input!

-Logan

(Chester County)

Default Re: Where are people shopping in Montgomery County?

If you've got a day's worth of time to kill, head up to Cabelas in Hamburg, PA. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.cabelas.com for directions and info

(Montgomery County)

Wow, that looks like the place for me! Only an hour and 15 minutes from me. I drive almost that far to get to target master so that wont be a problem. I'm excited! Thanks for the info, ill keep you posted on my experience.

-Logan

(Berks County)

Try King's Shooters Supply in King of Prussia or In-site firearms in West Norriton. I've dealt with both in the past year and while their prices may not be the cheapest the service is great and both have really great staffs.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Delaware County)

+1 On King shooters supply!!!!!!!!!!
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Chester County)

Every 3 months the Valley Forge Gun Show comes to town at the VF Convention Center. Instead of you driving around to all the dealers, they're all together in one place so you shouldn't have a problem finding a great selection of whatever you're looking for, both new and used. It came and went at the beginning of March, but will be back again in June.

Besides the gas and time you'll save, the competition is just a few tables over instead of miles away so dealers are more than willing to listen to reasonable offers if you think the asking price is too high.

(Montgomery County)

+1 on Kings. roger and pat at kings have a nice selection of quality guns , they are very knowledgeable and friendly. just went to insite the other day as well. friendly staff, all that were there are ex LEO. nice selection of both handguns and long guns as well as ammo. tons of gear there too. picked up a nice range bag as well as some tac gear for an upcoming class. Also, the show in VF is a good place, lots of local dealers w new stuff and you can comparison shop. actually found a great deal there on a SA champion operator by chance there in march as well as some nice bulk ammo deals. lastly, target master is a zoo on the weekend, and most weekdays as well, havent found the staff very helpful or friendly BUT they have a decent selection of range guns to sample/test out and farily nice prices as well as a nice used selection of sig/HK/SW/glock (as well as that full auto mini 14 i want)so thats something to consider...

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: Where are people shopping in Montgomery County?

I'm in Montco and I shop at Gunbroker.com, Phoenix Wholesale/Surplus City in Feasterville, and at CDNNSports.com in Texas.

Insite has a good staff, but their gun prices are ridiculous, just like other stealerships, er, dealerships with high brick-and-mortar overhead.

I've bought holsters, ammo, targets, grips, etc., from Insite but no guns.

CDNNSports.com has S&W Sigma compacts for sale for $150 LESS than I paid at Insite seven years ago. Same condition.

I got a beautiful Beretta 96 Centurian from CDNNSports.com for $349, plus $9.99 shipping. Try that at Insite.

Insite also charges for the paperwork AND the background check. If you buy a gun online and have Insite do the paperwork, it's one price. If you buy a gun online that Insite sells new, they charge even more.

Stick with Tim Dell @ Dell's Firearms in Montgomeryville for such transfers.

I have to admit that I'm an Internet shopper. Sorry.
    Last edited by BlownNitroPontiac; April 5th, 2008 at 11:06 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Log9mm View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've bought two guns at Insite Firearms recently and they are a good store with good customer service. They have a decent selection but I'm looking to find a place with a very large selection so I can check out the most products in one stop, rather than driving to two or three smaller shops just to get feel for everything I want to look at. I've been to target world as well and they have a nice selection as well but I am just curious if there is anything bigger around. I know I may be getting greedy with this question and a place like this might not exist, but it can't hurt to ask. Thanks for all of your input!

-Logan
    French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville (Chester County) is not too far from you (Plymouth Meeting). They have a decent selection and you can rent various guns to shoot in their indoor range. Some say they feel the prices are a bit high, but I think it would still be a nice place for you to check out various guns, and possibly rent and shoot them even if you don't buy one from them.

Also, +1 on King Shooters......they are in my neighborhood and are good people....

Good Luck!!!!.....Happy shooting!!!!
    Last edited by Glocker; April 5th, 2008 at 11:03 AM.
    Μολών λαβέ