Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Best ideas for security......

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    And that is the risk they are willing to take to protect me. Its all layers of security. They are just another layer. A criminal being armed does not totally negate a dog. Just because he may be willing to shoot does not negate that they could get him first.
    I wasn't arguing against dogs for security. I agree with everything that has been said, dogs serve as a deterrent, early alert, and protection. My comments were only to share my experience from the other side of the door, and to make aware a possibility that many people may not even consider. I know that losing a dog can be like losing a family member for some people.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    I wasn't arguing against dogs for security. I agree with everything that has been said, dogs serve as a deterrent, early alert, and protection. My comments were only to share my experience from the other side of the door, and to make aware a possibility that many people may not even consider. I know that losing a dog can be like losing a family member for some people.
    As it would be for me, but I take that as a realization of owning a dog for that purpose.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    As it would be for me, but I take that as a realization of owning a dog for that purpose.
    I agree. my dogs are well taken care of, they have only one job and that is to alert me to people on or near my property. The good thing is that they alert well before someone is actualy at my door.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Monroe County)

I have taken the precautions many have outlined here. Good locks, well lit areas, two pitbulls (would also lead you to whatever you wanted for a belly rub but still look intimidating to anyone who does not know them) but I think the biggest atleast given my area is talking to my neighbors.

I live on a dead end on top of a mountain with very few neighbors who all have at least eyesight distance to eachothers houses. We all look out for eachothers property and any "unusual" people, cars or activity on the street. I think this is an often underused resource available to many.

I also undertsand that in many areas it is your own neighbors that would rob you so it definitely is not applicable to all areas.

I think the security system that must be wireless and connect with the gsm system is the best.Because you can easily get a notice on your mobile and an alert to security station for quick action after if the people enter in your property without permission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456