Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ALL 67 FLORIDA COUNTY SHERIFFS SIGN PLEDGE TO PROTECT THE RIGHT OF CITIZENS TO BEAR A

ALL 67 FLORIDA COUNTY SHERIFFS SIGN PLEDGE TO PROTECT THE RIGHT OF CITIZENS TO BEAR ARMS

Constitutional Sheriffs sent an email stating, “I have added the names of the following 61 Florida County Sheriffs [who] joined the previous six Florida County Sheriffs to announce that they will not enforce laws that violate the Constitution or infringe on the rights of the people to own firearms.”

This means all of Florida’s county sheriffs have now signed the pledge, the first state to achieve 100% compliance with the 2nd Amendment. The list is bi-partisan.

Article continues at*
    http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2013...-to-bear-arms/

(Berks County)

Default Re: ALL 67 FLORIDA COUNTY SHERIFFS SIGN PLEDGE TO PROTECT THE RIGHT OF CITIZENS TO BE

Quote Originally Posted by jim_s View Post
    ALL 67 FLORIDA COUNTY SHERIFFS SIGN PLEDGE TO PROTECT THE RIGHT OF CITIZENS TO BEAR ARMS

Constitutional Sheriffs sent an email stating, “I have added the names of the following 61 Florida County Sheriffs [who] joined the previous six Florida County Sheriffs to announce that they will not enforce laws that violate the Constitution or infringe on the rights of the people to own firearms.”

This means all of Florida’s county sheriffs have now signed the pledge, the first state to achieve 100% compliance with the 2nd Amendment. The list is bi-partisan.

Article continues at*
    http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2013...-to-bear-arms/
    Excellent! Now how do we get our sheriffs to do the same? I know Sheriff Weaknecht here in Berks is against gun confiscation.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: ALL 67 FLORIDA COUNTY SHERIFFS SIGN PLEDGE TO PROTECT THE RIGHT OF CITIZENS TO BE

The only "constitutional" sheriffs that we have (i.e., county-wide LEOs) are in Allegheny County. All other county sheriffs are no more than extensions of the court system. Yes, they can make traffic stops, but they can't investigate crimes, so they're not LEOs (charged with enforcing the law).

(Juniata County)

Arguable, depending on several court cases. They are still LEO (same as Fire Police), Constables, they can still make arrests, but can not investigate....PA is weird.

(Jefferson County)

pfft.. That is coming from a state that has no right to carry a firearm.

When Florida allows some form of unlicensed carry, whether openly or concealed, that pledge will have some merit.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    The only "constitutional" sheriffs that we have (i.e., county-wide LEOs) are in Allegheny County. All other county sheriffs are no more than extensions of the court system. Yes, they can make traffic stops, but they can't investigate crimes, so they're not LEOs (charged with enforcing the law).
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Arguable, depending on several court cases. They are still LEO (same as Fire Police), Constables, they can still make arrests, but can not investigate....PA is weird.

They are LEO's. However they do not have statutory power of arrest like the State Police, Municipal Police, and other certain officers. PA sheriffs and their deputies only have the same power of arrest as you or I. ...for felonies they have reason to believe occurred, for breaches of the peace, and under warrants. Exception would be for Allegheny County because of the classification of the county which provides for statutory police powers so long as the sheriff and deputies are Act 120 certified.

Sheriff's are still the highest law enforcement officer within their respective county, even outside of Allegheny County. They do have a commanding authority above all other LEO's while within his/her jurisdiction. And are one of (3) people who can call forth the Militia to enforce the laws of the land, quash insurrection, and fight enemies both foreign and domestic. The other (2) folks are the Governor and the President.
    Last edited by knight0334; February 25th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

Sheriff's are still the highest law enforcement officer within their respective county, even outside of Allegheny County. They do have a commanding authority above all other LEO's while within his/her jurisdiction. And are one of (3) people who can call forth the Militia to enforce the laws of the land, quash insurrection, and fight enemies both foreign and domestic. The other (2) folks are the Governor and the President.
    Very cool, learned yet another new thing here.

(Allegheny County)

I wasn't a very good high school student, but is it the Supreme Court's job to decide what is and isn't constitutional in the United States or is it the local sheriff's job? I'm all types of confused.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by BadAtScreennames View Post
    I wasn't a very good high school student, but is it the Supreme Court's job to decide what is and isn't constitutional in the United States or is it the local sheriff's job? I'm all types of confused.
    It is the Court's job. However despite what the Court's say, the Constitution itself and the will of the People trump even what the Supreme Courts say.

The Supreme Court, and all lessor Courts, can change their opinion at any time - for or against the wording of the Constitution. A present SCOTUS may say that one act is constitutional, but a later SCOTUS may say it isn't. If an act is constitutional or unconstitutional it is such all the way back to the ratification.
    Last edited by knight0334; February 25th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Hold on a second. When it came to an open carry provision many sheriffs here in Florida spoke out against it and it did not pass. With the heat here in FL we need it. I was disappointed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast