Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Fitzpatrick Caves

It looks like Mike is going to back a ban... I am pretty upset about this....

I found this blurp late last night on the net

Commendable position on guns

I am not sure if this his true stance....the point...we need to keep up with the phone calls for our rights....I also found this on the net....

Gun Buy Back Program

My past experience with Mike, he will listen the public and has changed his votes on issues before...I hoping for this one
    Last edited by alton woods; February 25th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Fitzpatrick Caves

got off the phone with his DC office....they are have a daily meetings and looking for feed back...at this time...I was told they are not taking a position and that the paper misquoted....best I can say is keeping calling

The paper misquoted. Yea right. I don't see a front page retraction today. So either they're lying then, or lying now, or don't have enough juice to make a newspaper print a retraction. Either way, he's finished. He has to know that the city is spreading into his district, and that he has to either switch parties or get fired.

Tell him that *military weapons* covers most everything. Remington 870's, Mossy 500's, Remington 700's, all manner of Glocks, all manner of 1911's. He needs to understand that words mean everything. If you say *military weapons*, all but the most stupid people, like the woman who posted that, Marijane Meckling, will know that your words blanket nearly every firearm produced in the last 50 years. If the paper misquoted, then he needs to get out in front of it. But of course, he doesn't care about our side. He would love to get *misquoted*, so he can sound anti-gun to his new friends that moved into his district from the city, and then he can claim *misquote* so he can pretend to still defend the constitution he swore to defend.

But F him until he publicly declares a position.

Typical politician, say anything to get in office, and say anything to stay in office. Fitzpatrick is another weasel that will just go with the tide instead of standing up for what he really believes. it's a shame, I though he was a stand up guy when my wife and I met him years ago...but now his true colors are really starting to show.
    Last edited by AlphaChase; February 25th, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

(Berks County)

Just keep pounding his office with phone calls.

Not emails... phone calls. And if any of your are constituents: if he's back in the district before a vote, make sure to schedule a visit with him as well. Face time matters; one meeting is worth a 100 calls.

Keep up the pressure!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lancaster County)

I wish I believed it makes a difference. In the end they vote as they please. I commend all that work and fight for the cause.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I wish I believed it makes a difference. In the end they vote as they please. I commend all that work and fight for the cause.
    That's exactly how our system of government is supposed to work. In most cases voting the popular opinion of their constituents is the right thing to do. But sometimes when it comes to rights, especially those that are protected by the Constitution, they're supposed to reject the cries of the mob to violate people's rights, despite it being a majority sentiment.

If you feel they vote how they please, it's mostly because their constituents don't give a damn. As those who are represented, we've become largely complacent about holding those who are elected accountable. It's our civic responsibility to convince them how they feel they should vote, and to remind them when they're supposed to exercise the privilege of office in defense of our rights.

If you're discouraged, if you feel it does no good, and you don't want to help, that's your business; it's even understandable to an extent. But IMHO, that's exactly the attitude that got us to where we are.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lancaster County)

I agree with everything in your post. I am discouraged though and in my opinion government is broke. Starting when Specter stated he had to vote his conscience and Casey talking with his wife. I see the country evenly split. The people wanting two very different ways of life. I sure don't know the answer. I do know that ending up with the likes of who is president isnt for the lack of trying for something different.

Yeah I get that from your posts, I see it from all points in a lot of forums.
    Government is broken, Your party or candidate of choice didn't get in. Mine too.
    So what now? you roll over, give up? Cry in the corner? By your non participation you hope to affect a "See I told you so" reply?
    I don't care if your apathetic attitude is derived from your disillusionment with the system. Its a moot point. Work with what you got. Its all we have.
    Its time to nut up or shut up.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; February 25th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

here is info to contact Fitzpatrick i just emailed him to voice my concerns we ALL NEED to contact him to let him know our stance

https://fitzpatrick.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast