Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: March 7th GUN FORUM meeting (Lead by ANTI's)

Just got back home from the event. There was a big pro-2A crowd there, I'd say we outnumbered the anti's by 5-1 if not more. For the most part, everything was civil. When you get 60-80 people in a room for a talk about gun control, there are bound to be outbursts and catcalls. There was a moment where I though things were going to go rapidly downhill when some anti's started yelling that racist comments were being made, but thankfully it blew over.

Personally, I think that they could have picked better 2A proponents. Not that the guys that they had on the panel were bad, but it seemed like they were not too used to public speaking and got bogged-down in minutiae.

I thought that Mayor Linder was pretty genuine. He's also a pretty good speaker (he's a politician so I guess I shouldn't be surprised) who admitted he knows nothing about guns, other than he wants illegal ones off of the streets of Chester. Maybe I'll get flamed for this but I got the feeling that he and the pro-2A audience were in agreement on several points toward the end.

(Delaware County)

No flames from me. Thanks to all who came, I met a great bunch of men and woman there. I know the Mayor used to be a college professor, so his public speaking was polished, but you are right he is genuine in my opinion also.
    I love his chief of Police. He is a shooter and AR lover.

I agree, the 2 Gun Rights men were not polished speakers and it was to dry and they missed to much trying to read statistics. I never did find out how they were chosen. But I will.

Thank you again to all that showed up and made the gun rights side show them we can mass and turnout AND THEY CAN NOT.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Just wish the all gun owners stood for something like the people I saw tonight.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    No flames from me. Thanks to all who came, I met a great bunch of men and woman there. I know the Mayor used to be a college professor, so his public speaking was polished, but you are right he is genuine in my opinion also.
    I love his chief of Police. He is a shooter and AR lover.

I agree, the 2 Gun Rights men were not polished speakers and it was to dry and they missed to much trying to read statistics. I never did find out how they were chosen. But I will.

Thank you again to all that showed up and made the gun rights side show them we can mass and turnout AND THEY CAN NOT.
    Dan,

Nice to meet you in person along with a few other fellow travelers this evening. I'm simpatico with your sentiments. I will add that while I am concerned about some of the comments made by Chester Mayor Linder, I did speak with him one-on-one and found him gracious and considerate of my opinions. Naturally, all of us would like to overcome and reverse the culture of violence in Chester and other urban locales, we just have very divergent opinions on how best to achieve that end.

Great turnout guys and gals!! Great to put some faces to screen names!!

Echo pretty much the same. I heard a lot of incorrect facts being thrown about but that's no surprise.

The Mayor and Chief are decent individuals, have their work cut out, no two ways about it but bottom line, the Mayor wants our AR's......

Here's one of the latest from MAIG. A couple local Mayors you will recognize.. Look how many Mayors are from PA. What a disgrace.

Comments disabled, really? wonder why

http://youtu.be/KZWVaZuvFFY

(Delaware County)

I'll have my audio recording up in a day or so, once I have the time to clean it up and remove dead air and such. I got the entire event. I'll also expand on a few points when I have more time to gather my thoughts.

However, I will say this. Brian Miller of Heeding God's Call outright refused to answer the one question I had for him.

Upon my turn at the microphone during public questions, I asked how those who would like to see so-called "Assault Weapons Bans" or magazine capacity restrictions can reconcile their proposed legislation against restricting American citizen's last line of defense against a potentially tyrannical government, when the leader of that same government is presently fighting to authorize himself to kill people he deems a threat without due process.

Mister Miller was silent in his response. Later, after the debate was over, I tried asking him personally for a response. He motioned towards my openly carried 1911 and said, with a significant amount of disrespectful attitude, that because I'm such a fearful person, he refused to talk to me or further recognize my presence.

So, in the end, the mayor of the city of Chester is open minded and interested in talking about effective ways of combating violence, while Brian Miller from Heeding God's Call is a close-minded jerkoff with nothing but disrespect for those who ask him to explain himself.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Brian Miller from Heeding God's Call is a close-minded jerkoff with nothing but disrespect for those who ask him to explain himself.
    My parents raised me to think that if you don't have something nice to say about somebody else, just keep your mouth shut. I think that you said what I wanted to in my earlier post but was raised not to say. Thank you sir!
    Last edited by jbrower; March 8th, 2013 at 12:55 AM.

(Delaware County)

After the debate, Mr. Miller said to one of the organizers, "Don't ever ask me to do one of these again."

(Berks County)

I've met Miller a few times down at the gun shop protests in Philly. The man is a jackwad, no less, no more, who trots out his brother's rotten corpse (gunned down by a mentally ill assailant) for his own agenda. He is as genuine as a three dollar bill, and he knows he has no argument against the facts. He knows it. He will NEVER debate with someone he knows will clean his clock. Even Melanie (SFN) showed him up, and he will never forget that. There is more humanity in the piles of shit that my dogs leave in the yard than there is Miller.

miller looked like an ass with that "poll" he pulled out of his ass. I mean seriously?
    That one black woman who wen on about muskets, the 2A, bows and machetes, look well oh wolves, this is our enemy. Un educated, pompous and full of their own idiocy, they think they know it all and won't listen. I wanted to ask a question but she insisted SHE had her arm up the whole time. She was full of shit, she kept making low idiotic comments the whole time. I had my fucking arm up.
    I wanted to ask the panel a question: Cheif Ramsay of Philadelphia PD said 90% of the shootings and 80% of the victims are repeat violent criminals. Last year 5 police officers were murdered by repeat violent criminals who were out on parole, in possession of weapons as prohibited persons, Why are these people walking around free?

That white woman who went on about the Fast and Furious? Not the place for that subject, and her ramblings made pro gun people look like conspiracy nuts.

The white woman in pigtails who went on about the gun industry being held accountable? I asked her if the auto companies should be held accountable for bad drivers too and she didn't answer. she turned away

The Pro 2 a guys on the panel were horrible. No emotion, I couldn't hear them most of the time.

I have to hand it to Cryin Bryan, He can project his voice, looked more confident than the 2A guys and speaks reasonably well. I'll bet he runs for office sometime soon. What this idiot doesn't realize is if the market for straw purchases dries up, like if these criminals were in prison then there wouldn't be any straw purchases. Most of the time the guns held by crooks are purchased for them by relatives or aquaintances, lower ranking gang members who do not have criminal backgrounds. Its why serialnumbers are removed from guns, 1 so they cant tell if the gun is stolen and 2 so the gun cant be traced back to their buddies.
    The students were mindless idiots mouthing the liberal political dogma. The white girl asked about where the line should be drawn on weapons and no one really answered her.The one 2A guy should have said " I will want planes and tanks and even nukes when the government threatens to use these weapons on me" he did say right now the government is trying to pass legislation circumventing the 4th amendment which is due process for American citizens" And the idiocracy trained students couldn't hear him either and lost the implications of that statement
    That Mayor says he wants common sense legislation that will help reduce violence in his city,
    First He needs to keep violent thugs in prison. revolving doors on a prison cell aren't helping out his murder rate
    Second He needs to change the straw purchase laws so these have teeth like he said but he needs to push for stronger penalties for those convicted of straw purchases.
    Third, He needs to educate the people in inner cities that straw purchases for criminals hurts THEIR communities. this is how their young men wind up dead
    Fourth,He needs to EDUCATE his citizens that straw purchases are ILLEGAL and modify the the PENALTIES so that they include a charge of "Accomplice to " in addition to the straw penalty when any gun is found in possession of a violent criminal at a crime scene
    Last edited by bigandy1966; March 8th, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast