Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: **NEW** Pennsylvania Gun Rights flyer {DRAFT} <--Please check it out

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Question...are the Tiny URLs reliable and permanent? I've never really used them. I understand they take a very long URL and make it shorter, just wondering of reliability.
    TinyURL is permanent and quite reliable.

Though to Mr. Patriot, omit the www from them and just put http://tinyurl.com

Default Re: **NEW** Pennsylvania Gun Rights flyer {DRAFT} <--Please check it out

Arrrrgh! I just got a hundred and one of the current version printed at Staples a few days ago. I will have to hand them all out tomorrow so I can justify printing up the new version when it is ready.

(Northumberland County)

Just printed a half dozen of them,I like the idea,plain normal talk,not so much legalese, that I or anyone else would have a hard time understanding. I have, as I am sure many on this board, as have I ,run up against people who just do not know the law, or have heard too much disinformation about our gun laws,and many will not believe us until they see it in black & white. This pamplet takes a lot of argument out of the discussion. So I think it looks good, any refinements will only make a good product better. Keep up the good work!

(Lehigh County)

As further clarification for noob's like myself, would it be worthwile to state that a person carrying in their vehicle with a PA LTCF is not obligated to inform the LEO of it?

Also, I just joined jpfo.org, as the organization is very vocal about preserving 2A rights, etc. Can they be added in the 'Links' section, at your discretion of course?

The rest looks great!

Rob

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Arrrrgh! I just got a hundred and one of the current version printed at Staples a few days ago. I will have to hand them all out tomorrow so I can justify printing up the new version when it is ready.
    Yah. I printed & folded over 400 of the bastards. I may have to cry.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

Folded!?! Ouch! I sprung for the extra 2¢ per copy for their machine to fold them.

(Franklin County)

May I suggest adding a little blurb about transporting thru another state that does not honor PA permits. I.e. MD, or NY. Basically the Federal Transportation Law.

Also maybe add a little blurb about laws are different by state and its up to you to find out the laws of that state. Maybe add a list of common places that are off limits in other states. Don't get into great detail, but just a heads up of what to expect.

Also add on there a link for www.carryconcealed.net its a good site for nationwide laws and reciprocity.

(Luzerne County)

Just uploaded the most recent revision of the PDF.
    Fixed a lot of errors, thanks guys. Especially Headcase - he just spent an hour on the phone with me addressing errors and some ideas....
    Also got a couple of helpful PM's. Those ideas will probably be incorporated in a later revision.

Keep the suggestions coming . It's shaping up nicely, and quickly to!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    Yah. I printed & folded over 400 of the bastards. I may have to cry.

Reminder: These will not "replace" the OC flyer
    So unlike your DirecTV access card, those "old" flyers are still valid

(Allegheny County)

looks great. very nice job.

i have a couple suggestions:

1. In the second column of the "inside" where you say "Open carry in :a city of the first class requires a valid PA LTCF", I would add something like "or a carry permit from a state with which PA has established reciprocity". I'd also add "(Philadelphia)" after "city of the first class" like you did above there in case people miss it above.

2. i would try to add the PA UFA defintion of firearms somewhere. or at least give a synopsis of it. i know there isn't much room left, though.

again, nice job.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast