Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anthony Arms/ A&S

My personal experience at Anthony Arms in West Mifflin has been awful. I have shot their probably 5 or 6 times and each time the staff was extremely rude. My wife asked on of the employees (older guy) a question and he was extremely rude to her... This is a group of people that think they are above others because they are licensed NRA instructors. My wife was informed that, "we dont give info away for free".I will never spend another dime at this place.

A&S in Youngwood is the exact opposite of above. Friendly staff that is more than happy to help people out without requesting payment for it. Better people, atmosphere and overall cheaper (don't have to use their ammo).

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms/ A&S

There are one or two guy there that are OK. Leo is one. Most need a lesson in customer service. I guess in the current climate they think they can crap on you because it is a sellers market. I waited for an hour and a half for them to get through to PICS. I know that isn't their fault. Ten minutes before closing I said I'd come back another day, the store had customers, I didn't want to keep them. I was advised to come on Monday, weekends are very busy, weekdays are better. I went in on Sunday and asked Leo if I could fill the 4473 and local form and leave it and they could call in on Monday when they had time. Then I would pick up the gun. I work 8-6 and can't get their until around 6:30. Another clerk say no way according to the "rules" I had to be there. Huh? The same clerk said that if I didn't like to call the federal government 'cause they make the rules. I know this is BS! I can't find anything that says that. If they can't do it's because of their BS company policy not the nameless, faceless government. I've probably bought 15 guns from them over the last few years. When I pick up my current layaway I think I am done with them. It's a shame they are close to home, have a nice store, I've scored some deals. They just suck at customer service!
    F the NFL!

(Allegheny County)

I'm not sure who, but I've dealt with one decent person there before. I can't stand snobby gun people. As an NRA instructor you should want to be as nice as possible attract people on the fence (my wife) as it only furthers our cause. People like them drive people away... I hope no first timers ever wander in there with the thought of purchasing a firearm.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    There are one or two guy there that are OK. Leo is one. Most need a lesson in customer service. I guess in the current climate they think they can crap on you because it is a sellers market. I waited for an hour and a half for them to get through to PICS. I know that isn't their fault. Ten minutes before closing I said I'd come back another day, the store had customers, I didn't want to keep them. I was advised to come on Monday, weekends are very busy, weekdays are better. I went in on Sunday and asked Leo if I could fill the 4473 and local form and leave it and they could call in on Monday when they had time. Then I would pick up the gun. I work 8-6 and can't get their until around 6:30. Another clerk say no way according to the "rules" I had to be there. Huh? The same clerk said that if I didn't like to call the federal government 'cause they make the rules. I know this is BS! I can't find anything that says that. If they can't do it's because of their BS company policy not the nameless, faceless government. I've probably bought 15 guns from them over the last few years. When I pick up my current layaway I think I am done with them. It's a shame they are close to home, have a nice store, I've scored some deals. They just suck at customer service!
    I asked about filling out the paperwork in advance while we waited to get through on the line to PICS (at another shop) and was told that he was not allowed to do it that way.
    It may not be BS.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

I checked the web site and there is nothing on it about that. Also another FFL in Pa. has assured that it is not either a PICS or NICS requirement.
    F the NFL!

(Westmoreland County)

As long as you were there to sign and date the forms the day I call them in it's ok to leave. However the approval number received by PICS is only good for that date. If you don't get your firearms that day, annother PICS call has to be made. The number is only good till midnight.

(Allegheny County)

I can't understand why anyone that has gone to Anthony Arms would come back. they are the worst. there are numerous post on here about how crappy their shop and service is. It would be one thing if they knew what they were talking about but that is not the case. I had one guy tell me who crappy walther was than in the next breath tell me how great S&W was............

Theres 2 reasons people go there, either cause its close or for the selection.

(Beaver County)

I've had 590A1 fever for over a month now but I hate Anthony Arms so much that I won't buy it from them. They're the only local shop where I could find one though so ... I'm kind of losing interest in the 590 now but either way, I've had too many bad experiences there with them being assholes, the gunsmith not having any idea what I was talking about when I asked him questions that I won't go back.

(Allegheny County)

In defense of the PICS thing I watched one guy on a Saturday at AnthonynArms spend at least 20 minutes dialing and hanging up like he was trying to get through to a radio contest. The salespeople are commissioned, from what I understand, so they want to get it done. It's just hard to get through some days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast