Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Day of resistance rally 2/23/13

I attended the "Day of Resistance" rally yesterday at the courthouse Norristown/Montgomery county. Looking at the "Day of Resistance" site, this was a national event - looked like there were four or five across Pennsylvania. The event in Montgomery county was organized by Steve Piotrowski/Citizens for Liberty. The Norristown Patch put attendance at about 150. This was my first rally. My thoughts on going (to state the obvious) was to take an opportunity to do something in addition to the phone calls and emails i've sent to representatives, and the funds I've sent to gun advocacies. My impressions of the rally - it's always good to have more in the way of numbers, but considering the bad weather it was at least enough of a turnout to be noteworthy. I would say somewhere between 8-10 people were carrying long guns in addition to side arms. There were 5 speakers, among them state rep Daryll Metcalf. In my opinion, he did a very good job communicating the message that at this time second amendment rights are under attack nationally, and he discussed state legislation concerning the matter. As far as the organizers and other speakers, we are in agreement with the issue of second amendment rights. However, some of their other comments and language I did not completely identify with. My friend Rob said a few words at the beginning that better convey my feelings. In summary, it felt good to do something to counter the ongoing attempt at stripping our rights away. To see the video/pictures, and a clip of my friend Rob speaking, go to this link: www.norristown.patch.com
    Last edited by jward1400; February 24th, 2013 at 01:15 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Day of resistance rally 2/23/13

I also attended this rally. This was my first rally as well. I agree with the previous poster. Considering the wet conditions, I was happy with the turnout. I will be attending future rallies. The open carry walk was nice, as it got the attention of the passerbyers, and the local police were great, blocking traffic as we crossed streets and intersections. Thx to the citizens for liberty to setting this up.