Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 26

50 54.35%
  • M&P9c

42 45.65%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Glock26 or M&P9c

I'm looking for a new carry gun. I have had both in the past and like them both, I feel I shoot the m&p a bit better but still shoot the g26 well. I currently carry a Kahr pm9 but would like something a bit larger with more capacity. I'm interested in hearing what you guys prefer and why, I'm not partial to either so I'm asking for your preference. These are my only guns I'm considering so please keep it to these 2.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Glock26 or M&P9c

I like the Glocks but I've had them since they were first offered. The Smith is as good and the same is true for the Rem XD.
    It's about comfort and ability to operate it well.

For me, if I'm going to have multiple SD handguns I prefer to have the same type so be it day or night in dark or under stress there is no confusion for me or my wife with the guns controls and magazines.

If I were starting all over again I'd give the XD line a serious look.

(Westmoreland County)

For my money, if you don't instinctively shoot a Glock better than any pistol that you are comparing it to, then it MIGHT not be the right gun for you. My personal experience is that it is much easier to find a gun that fits your hand and grip easier than the amount of repetitive practice and muscle memory that you would need to get a matching grip to the G26 enough to improve your results. I would rather work on muscle memory for the draw, point and shoot. I have both a G23 and several M&P pistols, and I sold my M&P in .40 because I just shoot the G23 better, and I have shot it better than any other comparable .40 since I bought it in 1996. Now, that being said, I shoot the M&P full size in .45ACP almost as well right out of the box as I do the G23. Can't explain why, but it is the truth. Was teaching a friend's son to shoot and we were at the range shooting the .45. Had the guy in the neighboring lane call me a showoff. LOL. The gun made me look pretty good that day.

Anyway, I would probably lean toward the M&P 9c, I have not done a side by side, but I think it might be a bit slimmer than the G26 through the slide area, but either one is a great choice.

I don't own either, but I have shot and adjusted sights for OP on both. The M&P points better for me and I like not having finger grooves on a short grip. If I had to fight with one, I'd rather have the M&P. It feels better in my hand and it is proven to be a reliable carry gun. What could you fight with the best is the one I'd choose.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Centre County)

Thumbs up Re: Glock26 or M&P9c

The M&P9c is my daily carry. I prefer the feel of it over the Glock. It's one of the few guns I have that has never had a malfunction of any kind. With a X-grip adapter, you can run the full size M&P mags without any gap. The sights are adequate and easily changed out.

I have Glocks, too. My G17 is my main home piece with a Tlr1 and all the trimmings, but, honestly, you won't go wrong with either..... But get the Smith.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Well, as I said I carry a pm9 daily and it's nice for carry and pretty good to shoot and practice with, my main concern is I like a bit more capacity i.e something I can "fight" with. I also have an m&p 45 and shoot it like a champ but my 1911 full size feels the best in my hand and my m&p 45 with the small grip feels pretty similar in size. I like the smith cause I can change the grip size and don't like any glocks except the GEN3 I do lean towards the m&p. I have had 2 glock 26's and feel there are few guns that are as good for carry. One aspect I like about the m&p over the glock is the 12 rounds over 10 and my pm9 is 6 plus a tiny 6 end mag in the pocket for a reload with the smith I have those 12 rounds and don't need the reload... just a point.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    . I also have an m&p 45 and shoot it like a champ but my 1911 full size feels the best in my hand and my m&p 45 with the small grip feels pretty similar in size.
    Seems to me you answered your own question. Get the M&P.

(Allegheny County)

Since I have both there is no doubt the G26 is a better gun, better trigger, better reset, easier to get parts/mags.

(Bucks County)

My G26 is my EDC. I love it, so I'm biased, having never shot the M&P.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

I usually carry a glock 19 if I'm going polymer, but the M&P series I believe is superior. Unfortunately, they do not have the time behind them (30 years) the glock does so you glock heads get all uppity when someone calls them "reliable"

I love 33 round mags. Or I would carry an M&P.p

But let's be fair - the M&Pc is closer to a G19 in size than the G26, so at 12 rounds (M&P9c) the G19 really has a bit more impressive capacity at 15.

Either is a fine choice! Still better availability on the glock accessories by far though.
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast