Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Bulgarian milled ak project

Looking for some help with a ak build. I've built ar's but this is my first ak. I'd like to keep it as a milled receiver but it seams to be impssible to find a milled receiver... Any one know where to get one? Or am. I best of doing stamped receiver?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Bulgarian milled ak project

Quote Originally Posted by Slodub2 View Post
    Looking for some help with a ak build. I've built ar's but this is my first ak. I'd like to keep it as a milled receiver but it seams to be impssible to find a milled receiver... Any one know where to get one? Or am. I best of doing stamped receiver?
    Hello, I bought a milled Yugo under folder AK parts kit last fall. I could not find a reasonably priced milled receiver anywhere. I finally ended up sending my parts kit to a guy in Oregon that rewelds milled receivers, and send it back to you. Cost of welding was much less than a milled receiver. If you want more info, let me know. So you know, due to demand, there is a 6 month wait, when I sent mine in.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Slodub2 View Post
    Keep it as a milled receiver. You have a couple choices (but I not positive of availability).

CNC Warrior
    Firing Line
    KVar

Quote Originally Posted by Rvrpaddlr View Post
    Hello, I bought a milled Yugo under folder AK parts kit last fall. I could not find a reasonably priced milled receiver anywhere. I finally ended up sending my parts kit to a guy in Oregon that rewelds milled receivers, and send it back to you. Cost of welding was much less than a milled receiver. If you want more info, let me know. So you know, due to demand, there is a 6 month wait, when I sent mine in.
    Sounds like your talking about Matt. The catch is that you will need the front stubs of the receiver. Most of the kits now do not include front stubs. AFAIK, Matt isn't making the front halves. He does EXCELLENT work btw
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(York County)

if your kit has both front and back stubs rewelding is easy. i have done several in both milled and stamped receiver by rewelding. if you have both milled stubs you can also shave them down a bit and slide them into a sheet metal receiver, welding in place.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    if you have both milled stubs you can also shave them down a bit and slide them into a sheet metal receiver, welding in place.
    While this is definitely viable and works, I would highly suggest not doing it. I don't understanding ruining milled stubs to do this. It would be much better to sell/trade the stubs and get real trunnions.

With rewelding being so popular and a number of guys doing fantastic jobs doing it, it's much better to save the stubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF