Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: How do I get the Cosmoline out of my Mosins wood stock?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I want to order the accessory kit for my rifle since I didn't get the little tools, a bore brush, the muzzle cap, etc. While I am placing that order I am thinking of getting a recoil pad. Would you recommend any particular brand or style?
    I like the Pachmayer leather and Velcro adjustable recoil pad. It fits several of my milsurp rifles, You can adjust it for snugness and you don't have to modilfy the rifle at all. There's a ton of screw- in types for mosins on eBay for something more permanent but I've never tried one.

For all you Rambo types out there, when you shoot a mosin for a couple of hours, then switch to a K98, you'll quickly see the need to protect your shoulder when you're trying to fix someone's tooth the next morning. . Just sayin lol
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

(Pike County)

Default Re: How do I get the Cosmoline out of my Mosins wood stock?

Quote Originally Posted by DrillNFill View Post
    I like the Pachmayer leather and Velcro adjustable recoil pad. It fits several of my milsurp rifles, You can adjust it for snugness and you don't have to modilfy the rifle at all. There's a ton of screw- in types for mosins on eBay for something more permanent but I've never tried one.

For all you Rambo types out there, when you shoot a mosin for a couple of hours, then switch to a K98, you'll quickly see the need to protect your shoulder when you're trying to fix someone's tooth the next morning. . Just sayin lol
    Yeah, I just want something that will slip right on. Ideally I would like to to turn my Mosin into a scout rifle like this: http://brassstacker.com/Brass-Stacker-Scout-Rifle.html

I won't be getting into cutting the rifle down or making permanent mods like in the photo but I would like to get that scope mount, put a nice optic on it and get that leather stock satchel with the cheek riser.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567