Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Gun Trader in Reading

My wife and I went out shooting tonight and the guy that let us use his farm ask if we ever went to Gun Trader shop in Reading.To be honest I forgot about this shop just don't go up that way to much [rt 61].
    Any thoughts?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun Trader in Reading

i have has good and bad experiances up there. I have stopped in about a dozen times and sometimes they seem friendly and others they didnt want to bother with me ... if your looking for used long guns though they have a desent selection IMOP
    An Armed society is a polite one

(Berks County)

Well today is the last time i will ever step foot in that place. I was at cabelas today looking for an xd 9mm. of course they didnt have it. went down to gun traders and i walked in, i was asked by the owner if he could help me.

owner:how can i help you
    me:looking for a springfield xd 9mm tactical
    owner: laughes at me and says he has nothing like that
    me: is that something you can order or can i get put on a list to be contacted
    owner: i can order it but youll never be able to get one.

Once stuff calms down and supply is back up I still wont shop there. I understand that many guns are sold out but i have never had someone laugh in my face about it and be so unhelpful.

sucky disrespectful service

(Berks County)

I live in reading and I've never known about the place. Ill check it out this weekend. I don't know the address can someone send it my way if they have it on hand.

(Schuylkill County)

Gun Tradersmore info‎
    3201 Pottsville Pike
    Reading, PA 19605
    (610) 921-9339

(Berks County)

I don't live too far from there and don't go to that shop. I had some dealings with them about 20 years ago and they were the same with the attitude back then.

Over the years I have heard more bad than good about them. YMMV

(Berks County)

They have a nice Webley MKIV I have been eyeing up in the one case . Just don't have the funds at the moment.

I have not had any bad experiences nor really great either . Always been kinda lukewarm .
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Berks County)

Sold me a Remington 750 it had a wire tie through the action, I should have had the cut it off. I efed up. Got it home and it wouldn't go into battery the bolt race in the receiver was shot. I stopped by a closer gun smith found out its obsolete early version the only way to fix it would be to weld up and recut the race. Took it back day after I bought it. They screwed me around for four or five months with sending it to their smith then Remington so I was told. They should have given me every cent back right away, but they ended up keeping my original transfer and nics plus tax. The old guy said oh I was told by the guy who sold it to me it worked. On a side note I'm no expert on gun sales but a man and av woman walked in, they want to know what it takes for her to buy a gun. Old guy askes questions while the man is picking out a gun. Old guy asks the man if he can pass the nics. No he said. Probibly not. Well then you have to buy a safe and lock up the gun so he can't access it. In unison oh we have that already. Old guy sad well then your good to go, what one do you want?
    Now that could be on the up and up but it sure didn't look good. The couple said they needed more time and left the store with out buying. I guess I do have an axe to grind but I am glade I didn't have to witness a transaction. Maybe if it came down to it he would have refused the sale. I will give him the benefit of the doubt but I do tell people I know about this because I don't think it good to have your paperwork stored at an ffl if it's doing things on the edge. Ymmv

witnessed some gang members making what appeared to be a straw purchase. I remember one accidentally wrote his ny address, I walked out and never went back.

(Berks County)

I stop in every now and then because its close, and I'm bored. Every time I walk in, I instantly remember why I don't like the place. Bill, the owner, is a total jerk. He acts arrogant like he knows everything, but knows nothing. There was an A5 on the rack, and I asked if it was a new or old A5. He laughs and says they haven't made the A5 for years. I promptly told him to read up on what's newish in the gun world, and walked out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast