Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: surplus city feasterville

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_aaa View Post
    I picked up one of the 6920's yesterday for $1375. If anyone is going there to get one, make sure you look over it very thoroughly because after I got home to clean it, I noticed a few small Knicks in the finish on the lower. Normally wouldn't be a big deal but they're down to bare metal and it was a brand new gun.

I called them an hour after I left and the guy on the phone basically told me too bad, there's nothing we can do because there test fired at the factory and that's how they came. I would think that they'd be a little more helpful after I just dropped $1600 in their store.

So needless to say, but I'm quite disappointed because I've bought probably 6 guns myself and referred others that have probably bought another 7-8 guns but this might be my last purchase from them.
    As having seen many new 6920s I know exactly what you're referring to. When I opened my LE6920 and broke the plastic seal straight from the Colt factory I had the same marks as you described. It's common with Colt rifles, has nothing to do with where you purchased it from. Even the $3000+ LE901 has dings and marks throughout. They're not the prettiest rifles like say a BCM, DD, Noveske, but then again they're not in that price range either..

(Delaware County)

I picked up one of the 6920's yesterday for $1375. If anyone is going there to get one, make sure you look over it very thoroughly because after I got home to clean it, I noticed a few small knicks in the finish on the lower. Normally wouldn't be a big deal but they're down to bare metal and it was a brand new gun.

I called them an hour after I left and the guy on the phone basically told me too bad, there's nothing we can do because there test fired at the factory and that's how they came. I guess overall it is my own fault but I would think that they'd be a little more helpful after I just dropped $1600 in their store.

So needless to say, I'm quite disappointed because I've bought at least 6 guns from them myself and referred others that have probably bought another 7-8 in just the last couple years but this just might be my last purchase from them. If anyone knows these guys personally, maybe you can see what they have to say about it but I'm pretty disgusted by this whole situation.
    I would make sure I speak to the owner if I was in your shoes. Then I would make the decision wether or not to shop there again.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaChase View Post
    As having seen many new 6920s I know exactly what you're referring to. When I opened my LE6920 and broke the plastic seal straight from the Colt factory I had the same marks as you described. It's common with Colt rifles, has nothing to do with where you purchased it from. Even the $3000+ LE901 has dings and marks throughout. They're not the prettiest rifles like say a BCM, DD, Noveske, but then again they're not in that price range either..
    I absolutely understand about it not being anything they did. I was just really surprised at the response I got from the guy on the phone I just spent $1600 there on the gun and some mags and ammo not even 60 minutes prior. At least tell me you'll check another one to see if they have any blemishes. They exchanged a VZ that a friend bought because the trigger broke so I was sort or expecting them to be a little more accommodating.

As far as price goes, it's not like this is a cheap DPMS so I didn't expect that. Either way, I still love it minus the crappy sight and stock it came with from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I would make sure I speak to the owner if I was in your shoes. Then I would make the decision wether or not to shop there again.
    It's not a huge deal so maybe disgusted was a bit too strong of a word to use. I doubt i'll stop shopping there as its so close to me and they're a great place to shop. I guess I'll just have to look at the guns I buy better next time.
    Last edited by boomer_aaa; March 20th, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

I absolutely understand about it not being anything they did. I was just really surprised at the response I got from the guy on the phone I just spent $1600 there on the gun and some mags and ammo not even 60 minutes prior. At least tell me you'll check another one to see if they have any blemishes. They exchanged a VZ that a friend bought because the trigger broke so I was sort or expecting them to be a little more accommodating.
    I can agree with you there. From a business stand point they could have been a little more accommodating...but with Surplus City don't expect Tanners or Clayton's kind of service after they already have your cash...

(Bucks County)

Just another heads up. Their FB was updated today saying they have another handful of trade-in 6920's for <$1000.

(Philadelphia County)

I like the place,bought an Egyptian made AK rifle from them years ago,long before the prices of such guns got out of hand...I would stop by more often if it were not for the distance and price of gas.

(Montgomery County)

was just there today. They had three or four used 6920's for about $925 I think it was. I like this place, its a haul for me to go there, but they have a decent selection.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Bucks County)

The used 945 dollar 6920's are gone now, I got the second to last one. They still had some new ones though.

(Chester County)

I just went there yesterday after about a year since it's a bit of a drive but I had a great experience and picked up a NIB Glock 19 Gen 4. Everyone was pleasant, repeatedly asked if I needed to see something. Absolutely 0% attitude.

Had a good selection of AK's, AR's and Handguns.

For those who are looking to pick up a Mosin Nagant, they had a bunch of (nicely cosmolined) 91/30's.

I wish I lived closer but I'll definitely try and visit more often.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pacpiper View Post
    I just went there yesterday after about a year since it's a bit of a drive but I had a great experience and picked up a NIB Glock 19 Gen 4. Everyone was pleasant, repeatedly asked if I needed to see something. Absolutely 0% attitude.

Had a good selection of AK's, AR's and Handguns.

For those who are looking to pick up a Mosin Nagant, they had a bunch of (nicely cosmolined) 91/30's.

I wish I lived closer but I'll definitely try and visit more often.
    Do recall he price on the Nagants?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast