Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Why OC when you have CC permit

Mabey I am a dolt, But I see many threads about OCing and it is best when you have a CC permit. I dont see the advantage?
    I have CCd for awhile, and I have always felt safe, I dont go into the bad lands of philly at night, and dont want to have anything to do with those neighborhoods, And when I am out in the country, I spend quite a bit of time in Sullivan county and surrounding areas, I feel that it is noones business if I am carrying. If there were some wacked out piece of turd that crossed paths with me, He and his crack head pals might want to jump me just because they want my firearm, If they didnt see it, They way just leave me alone! Heck, Most of my friends dont even know I am carrying! One of my buds had been carrying through junk yard runs, looking at used cars with me, and just general adventure, I knew he had guns, and we belong to the same gun club, I just never asked, I have been on a few dates, And I never feel compelled to tell them I am carrying, Unless we wind up staying at her place for the night,,,,, Wouldnt want her to say " is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" HAHA,,,,, I just dont understand the advertisement! I do howeven understand that I may have a piece in a IWB holster, and It may be warm, I'de like to take off my over shirt and not worry about shoring a firearm, I hate wearing an untucked base layer, But that is me.
    I am a contractor and dress like one, I appear as I am as poor as a chruch mouse anyway,,, The way I look doesnt make me look like an easy target. And one may never know that a may have a couple of bills on me most of the time,
    Do you OC when you have a CC permit?
    If so,,,, WHY????

Peter.
    Last edited by Emptymag; April 4th, 2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: I made the question bold to help folks understand that the OP asked a QUESTION. ~EM

Default Re: WHy OC when you have CC permit

I don't OC. I think that it is asking for a confrontation of some kind no matter where you are. I see no advantage to OC.

(Venango County)

Well.....the S is really gonna HTF on this one! it seems every thread that asks a question like this turns into a heated OC vs CC debate.......

Big things you are gonna see are Element of surprise, and better retention, and les scaring of the sheeple of CC compared with Ease of access, quicker draw, comfort, and deterrent factor of OC along with the fact that OC helps educate the sheeple that all guns are not bad.

Do a search, and you will find more than you wanted to know on this subject

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    Do you OC when you have a CC permit?
    If so,,,, WHY????
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan77 View Post
    I don't OC. I think that it is asking for a confrontation of some kind no matter where you are. I see no advantage to OC.
    Please note that the OP asked a question directed at those who OC.

The above "opinion" has little more relevance(to the question asked)than the fact that I like chocolate milk.(I LOVE chocolate milk, BTW)

Dan, please don't feel "singled out" because I quoted you, it's just that you're the first person to post their views on OC in this thread. It happens every time, I don't expect it to end any time soon.

Lets try and show some restraint folks.
    The CC vs OC "debate" has been hashed out countless times already.
    Can we please try to Address the question posed by the OP?

Thanks!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    If there were some whacked out piece of turd that crossed paths with me, He and his crack head pals might want to jump me just because they want my firearm, If they didnt see it, They way just leave me alone!
    Just wanted to comment on your one thought here...
    If he IS a whacked out piece of turd, crack head, he and his pals WILL probably jump you if they DON'T see a firearm, thinking you are easy prey...surprise to them when you whip out your pistol and start firing, hopefully ending the attack Now, if they're armed too...

And yes I have a LTCF (not CC permit), but do not OC, just CC.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; April 4th, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Please note that the OP asked a question directed at those who OC.

The above "opinion" has little more relevance(to the question asked)than the fact that I like chocolate milk.(I LOVE chocolate milk, BTW)

Dan, please don't feel "singled out" because I quoted you, it's just that you're the first person to post their views on OC in this thread. It happens every time, I don't expect it to end any time soon.

Lets try and show some restraint folks.
    The CC vs OC "debate" has been hashed out countless times already.
    Can we please try to Address the question posed by the OP?

Thanks!
    Well I should have stated that I DO have a License to CC and choose not to OC.

(Allegheny County)

I see that once again, being polite doesn't work.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

I am a 99% CCer, but do occassionally OC. Last night, I ate dinner at BK and felt more comfortable with my jacket off. So while I ate, I OCed.

Sometimes it is just more comfortable to OC. Some guys choose to OC all the time and that is their right to do so. I applaud them for their convictions.

I look at the OC/CC debate through the lens of some sage words provided by my tattoo guy years ago. He said that "the biggest difference between people with tattoos and those without, is that people with tattoos will not dislike you just because you don't have any."

I have not heard any of the OC guys ever talk down on people for CCing.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Philadelphia County)

Sometimes it is just more comfortable to OC. Some guys choose to OC all the time and that is their right to do so. I applaud them for their convictions.

I agree, it is your right, And there is no reason for a flame here, Both ways are our right to do so,,

As far as a bunch of derelics all carrying and jumping me, Well nothing but an AK with a few 30 rounders will have any real effect, That is why I dont go into the "less than desireable" neighborhoods in Philly,
    Lets face it folks, The best way to defend yourself, IS TO NOT HAVE TO!!!!!!
    I am just looking to gain insight here!
    Peter.

(Allegheny County)

I choose to OC becasue it's more comfortable - simple as that. IWB holsters are painful.

Why do I bother with a LTCF then? Because it's REQUIRED that you have a LTCF to transport your firearm in a vehicle, unless you meet one of the few restrictions. (DIRECTLY To or From a range, gun smith, appraiser, fixed place of business to home and vice-versa, abode to 2nd abode, or while moving and a couple others that I can't remember off the top of my head)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast