Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: .223 Initially- PARC

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglar View Post
    I'm in for a 1k off 5.56 if the price is reasonable. I'm excited about this idea if it works out
    Same here, possibly 5K of 223 or 5.56 if the price is right.

(Berks County)

Interested in 1-3k if the price is right.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't understand this. Is this another group buy with no real info? .223 or 5.56? if 5.56 - m193, m855, other (mk318, etc)?

I can't pledge anything without knowing:

- what the rounds are/specs. This is a big deal. Wolf .223 is a lot different than mk318.

- cost.

I could be in for about 5-10K, depending on the details. If it matters, I prefer m855... but would be open to m193/mk318 (though I doubt you'd go the mk318 route...). Probably wouldn't want .223

(Luzerne County)

Another interested in 1-3k depending on details.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PreserveandProtect View Post
    ... Now with all of that being said, we have a few Q's for which we'd like some responsible opinions (notice the "R-word" LOL ) All this is based on .223 ammo ...
    I know I might sound like a dick here but honestly, I would not answer any of these questions for a potential vendor who I'm going to buy something from.

If a manufacturer is tendering an offer to sell hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo to end users such as us then that organization should already know their market and the answers to all of those marketing questions. And many more that haven't been asked here.

If they really don't know their market that well then they need to get their Marketing Department or some other group of employees busy doing some research.

As far as me being a buyer goes, offer me a product, quote delivered price and availability and I'll respond with an offer to buy if the deal is good. But for taking part in that company's marketing survey, I don't see a benefit.
    Last edited by johnfritz; February 25th, 2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Grammer.
    Johnnie F.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ragequit View Post
    I don't understand this. Is this another group buy with no real info? .223 or 5.56? if 5.56 - m193, m855, other (mk318, etc)?

I can't pledge anything without knowing:
    That's on me. Let me explain a bit.

We were making arrangement for 5 Million rounds. We didn't want to commit unless we were fairly sure there was enough interest.

We have the interest. We have progressed to in person meetings and testing of the ammo, both onsite and independently.

It's fairly obvious we need a sustainable supply, so that's what we're working on- quality first, price second, sustainability third, and other calibers fourth.

Another week should tell the tale

I also posted some questions a few posts back, but haven't received any feedback yet? Looking to know your opinions and what interests the most people?

Just like before, we're looking to tailor this effort to meet YOUR needs and support our Constitutional Rights, especially 2A and PA's Article I, Section XXI.

Yeah it's a little different, but we're looking at the big picture. As usual, we are also giving out a lot of info up front, to help us shape it to meet everyone's expectations.

As such, we are not taking any orders yet, rather tracking the requests.

FYI. Depending on the price and specs, we have requests far beyond the 5 Million rounds, so we're looking to up the maximum and determine scheduled shipments, likely by region.

At least that is how it looks right now Stay tuned!
    I Dial 1911

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfritz View Post
    I know I might sound like a dick here but honestly, I would not answer any of these questions for a potential vendor who I'm going to buy something from.

If a manufacturer is tendering an offer to sell hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo to end users such as us then that organization should already know their market and the answers to all of those marketing questions. And many more that haven't been asked here.

If they really don't know their market that well then they need to get their Marketing Department or some other group of employees busy doing some research.

As far as me being a buyer goes, offer me a product, quote delivered price and availability and I'll respond with an offer to buy if the deal is good. But for taking part in that company's marketing survey, I don't see a benefit.
    We're not a Cheaper than Dirt or anything like that where you just look it up and place your order. Those suppliers don't have supplies and when they do are $$$. We are doing this on an "as requested" basis and trying to get the best price possible.

It's a bit different, so bear with us

If not, no hard feelings. Wait a couple of days for the test results (second set expected this weekend), the final specs of the rounds available, and the final pricing and delivery schedule, then jump in if you're interested

No hard sell...
    I Dial 1911

(Northumberland County)

Definitely interested, wanna see where this goes. Interested in .223/5.56, 9mm, .45ACP

(Erie County)

This should be interesting. I can help move a few thousand rounds depending on the details.

(Delaware County)

I'd be interested in .223/5.56 and .45 ACP. Depending on price I am in for a few thousand of each.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast