Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Sheriff Randall Miller Northampton County

I just received an application to join the PA Sheriffs' Association. Does anybody know if Sheriff Miller is with us or against us. I called his office and was told somebody will get back to me. I Googled him but can't find out his position.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sheriff Randall Miller Northampton County

He signs NFA forms so that's a +1

(Northampton County)

My opinion is that the Sheriff is likely not pro 2A. (Unspoken) policy is to take the full 45 days to approve LTCF, even for renewals. Not sending out renewal applications as required by law.

While he may sign NFA paperwork, really, how much of that is there going on?

Just my opinion.

-Darryl

(Northampton County)

The fact that this sheriff can not be voted out of office, It leaves him accountable to no one, at least not to the citizens of this county.

I have never heard anything referencing him as an Anti, except for the full 45 days waiting period there is really nothing negative that I can say..

He does not need to run for his position so that makes him unique to other sheriffs who would be accountable to the people.

There is no unspoken 45 day policy. Applications are processed in the order they are received with due diligence. Steps are not skipped. PICS doesnt know all. Trust me on this.

(York County)

If you can't find what his position is on a subject then I'd be concerned.

^^^^this. What is he hiding?
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Monroe County)

I thought Miller was terminated?

They do take almost the whole time for your card. The Sheriff before took a week. ???????????????????

(Bucks County)

As a retired LEO, I am very weary of any invitation to join any police/sheriff organization, especially at the state, federal, or international level. When asked about these types of organizations I always advise anyone to not join them.

You have to find out who runs the organization, what are the goals of the organization, do they do charity, where are most of the dues going. A lot of invitations are by mail or phone solicitation from a professional fund raiser organization which could be benefitting from the majority of the dues money (possibly as high as 80%) and only passing on a small amount to the actual organization.

For the money you send, you may get a decal for your car window and a membership card, neither of which will help you out of any tickets or get you any special treatment. Some organizations state it is for the training of it's members. Does that mean you are donating to help send some politician type sheriff or chief of police to conferences to discuss more gun control and put them up in nice hotels in resort towns?

If you do want to donate to a police organization, the Pennsylvania State Police Camp Cadet is a worthy cause as all of the money goes to running the camps for the kids who attend. Troopers and local police officers donate their time to put the camp on and the funds pay for the kids to attend. There also may be some county police associations or local police FOP's that if you join, you are an associate member and can attend meeting and functions such as picnics and events with the proceeds helping local charities. This way you can actually see for yourself during meetings where the funds are going. Stay away from the large associations, especially if a fund raiser calls you and pressers you into joining. I would hang up on the fund raiser and spend my money on my family or buying more ammo.

Also be very aware that large organizations such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), the Police Executive Research Forum (PERF), and even the National Association of Police Chiefs are all very anti second amendment with notable members like Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey and other police executives from large departments that are appointed by liberal politicians and some of whom are part of the Bloomberg machine.

Please do not waste your money on supporting fund raisers or feed the anti second amendment movement. Spend your money on a worthy local organization or you and your family.
    Last edited by chiefdjs; July 24th, 2014 at 08:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast