Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Moving back to PA

I moved from PA to SC about 7 years ago for work, but in the next few months I'll be finally coming back home! Pittsburgh area.

Does PA have a gun registration now? Magazine capacity limit for CC? Anything else I should know about?

Thanks in advance!

(York County)

Default Re: Moving back to PA

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburghPA View Post
    I moved from PA to SC about 7 years ago for work, but in the next few months I'll be finally coming back home! Pittsburgh area.

Does PA have a gun registration now? No. Magazine capacity limit for CC? None. Anything else I should know about? Biden is a moron.

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Allegheny County)

Much appreciated. Glad you could deliver good news.

(Allegheny County)

Welcome back.

Come on out to a class when you get here. Many more will be scheduled throughout 2013.

www.3riverstraining.com

(Montgomery County)

Pennsylvania is not only the greatest state in the nation, but it also has the best gun laws and best food. I am currently stuck out in Michigan, but someday I will be back in the Great State of Pennsylvania to enjoy the freedom.
    To answer your question... NO bans or limits on any firearms. Youre safe!
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Re: Moving back to PA

WELCOME BACK HOME !!!
    "The chair is against the wall, John has a long mustasche"

(Butler County)

Around the same time you were moving away, I was moving here from NY. Like an idiot, I sold my SKS and my Enfield 2A1 before coming over. I didn't know about the laws either and I was afraid something bad could happen in transit.

Since moving here I did aquire a shotgun for HD, but just never bothered with a handgun. I guess I was brainwashed by the Liberal police-state mindset of NY into thinking handguns are evil evil evil! LOL! I never owned a handgun there either because of all the red tape and lengthy waiting period. So recently I purchased my first handgun, right here in Pittsburgh after living here for over 6 years. (Well, actually the gun was from Georgia but I picked it up at a local FFL). Everything went smoothe. It was as easy as buying a black powder rifle in NY. Seriously. It's wierd being able to walk around my house packing a pistol. Any day I'll be sending in my docs for CC, so hopefully I'll be hitting the range frequently soon and carrying at my leisure.

Poor Pennsylvania, surrounded by states which offer no reciprocity for our CC permits (except for WV). It's wierd how we have the freedom of a red state like Texas or Georgia or N. Carolina, but we are so boxed in up here in the northeast surrounded by the police-regimes of NY, MD, MA, CT, DE and the nightmare they call New Jersey. Only Vermont offers it's citizens more freedom than we do in the Northeast. And neither of our states has high crime compared to our neighbors. I have relatives in Vermont who I'd love to go shooting with (with MY OWN gun), and I'd like to learn how I could travel there without worrying about laws in NY, MA & NJ.

Anyway, welcome home! Hopefully you can join us in keeping Pennsylvania one of the most reasonable carry-states in the Union. I'm really starting to like it here, although I'd rather live farther outside the city.
    Last edited by FJW; February 28th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    I have relatives in Vermont who I'd love to go shooting with (with MY OWN gun), and I'd like to learn how I could travel there without worrying about laws in NY, MA & NJ.
    From this thread:FAQ: Interstate Transportation of Firearms

§ 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter [18 USCS §§ 921 et seq.] from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Under this law, to legally transport a firearm interstate all the following need apply:

(1) You are not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm
    (2) It is lawful to possess AND carry the firearm in the place of origin
    (3) It is lawful to possess AND carry the firearm in the place of destination
    (4) The firearm must be unloaded
    (5) The firearm and any ammunition are not readily accessible OR directly accessible from the passenger compartment (if not possible see below)

(Butler County)

Thanks very much for that, Jerpa. That is very reassuring regarding interstate travel. I would like to verify it against some legal documents though. Where are these laws actually posted? I wonder what I would be told if I actually made an anonymous call to the NY state police and asked them. I wonder if they would tell me the same thing, or if they'd say something twisted and untrue to discourage me from trying it.

My suggestion would be to NEVER call NY State police for any advice regarding firearms transportation
    NEVER EVER ASK THAT AGENCY FIREARM ADVICE,.Period!

Hope i,ve made my point clear.
    TJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast