Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default First purchase ever

So I finally got my first firearm, an M9 which was on my go get list and is kind of nice to have something associated with our military. Heck it was the one weapon I wanted to get qualified on and never could. Now I'll get that chance. Of course the store seemed to be out of 9mm rounds so it may be awhile before I can actually shoot the thing.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: First purchase ever

Congratulations, it's a fine piece. I love mine. It's soft shooting and accurate. Hopefully you'll get a chance to shoot it soon.

(Schuylkill County)

Don't give up the search, check around. There's still ammo out there to be found. Just last week we were in a shop that still had ample supply of bulk range ammo in 9mm, 40 S&W and they even had 5.56. Pick up a box here and there and you'll be shooting before you know it. Granted, supply is limited, but if you call around in your area I'm sure you'll find something to shoot out of your newly prized possession! Congrats on that by the way.

(Northumberland County)

My suggestion would be to stray away from Walmart and Cabelas, not only do you have more of a chance of finding ammo at a local 'Ma and Pa' shop, but your also supporting local businesses and not big companies like Walmart.

(Lancaster County)

Congrats! That is my daughter's favorite pistol, and I like it a lot too. Ammo seems to be slowly making it's way back on the scene, albeit more expensive. Keep looking and don't give up yet. I would suggest buying an extra box each time you do get some and storing some for future use ( not stockpiling per-se, but like having a couple of cans of soup in your pantry...)
    Enjoy it !
    Cb

(Erie County)

All very good suggestions, and yes when it comes to these kinds of things I prefer to give my money to the little guy as it were. Did the same things when I bought my crossbow last month.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlcnDawg View Post
    So I finally got my first firearm, an M9 which was on my go get list and is kind of nice to have something associated with our military. Heck it was the one weapon I wanted to get qualified on and never could. Now I'll get that chance. Of course the store seemed to be out of 9mm rounds so it may be awhile before I can actually shoot the thing.
    Congrats! this was my first gun I ever purchased as well (2nd gun I owned, my parents got me a s&w622). even though i own glocks and that type there is nothing like an m9. i love the way it shoots the looks everything, here is a pic of my old friend. she's been with me and been through some stuff but still looking good:
    [IMG][/IMG]

If you are really desperate to shoot (I understand the feeling of buying a gun and not getting to shoot it) PM me, i'll let you borrow a box of 9mm if you want. you send it back to me when you can find it. honor system.
    Last edited by mike12_nguyen; February 20th, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike12_nguyen View Post

If you are really desperate to shoot (I understand the feeling of buying a gun and not getting to shoot it) PM me, i'll let you borrow a box of 9mm if you want. you send it back to me when you can find it. honor system.
    Thanks for the offer, but while I really want to get out there and shoot. The two jobs and high class load make it all the more rewarding when I can go. Nice thing is I can either try to wait a little more than a week til my next saturday off or monday if it gets real bad. I suspect somewhere one of these local shops has ammo for me.

(Lebanon County)

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope I feel the same way you do when I pick up my first pistol. It is on back order from Atlantic Tactical. I have started picking up ammo here and there in anticipation of picking it up.

Figure at this point one box of range ammo a paycheck when I can find it in stock is a start. I might even be abke to get one of the local LEOs to pick up a couple boxds from the local distributer that only sells to LEOs directly and to shops.

Again, congratulations

(Lehigh County)

Congrats on the pistol. BE SAFE! Don't pass it around etc... Have fun with it. I remember my first one, still have it, that was 30 years ago. They grow, right now there is 35-40 sitting in safes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast