Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Thumbs down Someone graffitied the abandoned motel...

...on Route 6 right after the Sunoco and before the stone quarry and across the street from Martin Lane. This is in the Milford/Shohola area. Looks to be recent as it wasn't there a few days ago. Anyone else notice? WTF is wrong with these kids? How many wanna bet that they're transplants from somewhere else...

I left NYC to escape the mess, the noise, the wannabe gang-banger taggers and the graffiti they bring with them. I guess I was wrong.
    Last edited by amstel78; February 20th, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Someone graffitied the abandoned motel...

How do you know it was gang-bangers? It might have been done by good kids that just lost their way back from sunday school?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How do you know it was gang-bangers? It might have been done by good kids that just lost their way back from sunday school?
    Well if that was the case, they could have at least spray painted bible verses on the building's facade. LOL...

I just hope it's not the sign of times to come.

Is there something I as a concerned citizen could do? The abandoned motel was an eyesore to begin with. It's even more so now. It'd be nice if someone could come and clean it up.

(Wayne County)

I haven't been that way in the daylight to see but I am guessing you mean the one on the left with the pool in front, Sherelyns or something? If so it isn't far from the highway and with the amount of out of town traffic, it isn't all that surprising. Still sucks to see that "class" of individual creeping into the area.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    I haven't been that way in the daylight to see but I am guessing you mean the one on the left with the pool in front, Sherelyns or something? If so it isn't far from the highway and with the amount of out of town traffic, it isn't all that surprising. Still sucks to see that "class" of individual creeping into the area.
    Yup, that's the one. There's been an SUV for sale parked in the front for some time. It's also had a for sale sign posted for as long as I can remember so it's not exactly abandoned. Maybe I should call the realtor and tell them that the building's been vandalized.

(Lackawanna County)

im sure thgere are more than a few doors kicked in and squatters/kid party spots in there. AS more come the worse it gets.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    im sure thgere are more than a few doors kicked in and squatters/kid party spots in there. AS more come the worse it gets.
    Sad really. I wish someone would buy the property and just bulldoze it. Perhaps put up another Chinese buffet or better yet, a Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Sad really. I wish someone would buy the property and just bulldoze it. Perhaps put up another Chinese buffet or better yet, a Taco Bell.
    Riiiiight... because gang-bangers or low-lifes never eat Taco Bell.

(Bucks County)

A small road side 1950's style motel located two miles from the Milford Pa Historical District. Centrally located to ski areas, white water rafting, golf courses and all other sportsman/outdoor activities. Only a one and a half hour from NYC area.

Sounds like a little piece of heaven. That last sentence in the description might be the problem.

I don't know if it's true but I have friends up that way and what I hear is that the Poconos are getting a bad reputation for drugs, gang violence, and the kind of thing you'd usually hear about in Philly. Is that true or are people who have never lived in a real urban area blowing the problems they see out of proportion?

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    are people who have never lived in a real urban area blowing the problems they see out of proportion?
    This. I think.

Though I'm sure there's been an influx of 'problem children' that flowed out of the urbanized areas of NJ and NY to find their own homes due to what would ultimately come to be known the legislatively-created mortgage and banking crisis, those people are beginning to now lose their homes as foreclosures take their toll, and move back to where they came from, taking their problems with them.

On the one hand, you can almost feel sorry for those folks who have lost or are losing their homes. But on the other hand, it's hard to feel bad for someone who over-reached, never should have been given a mortgage in the first place, and got "bait-and-switched" into a bad situation. Unfortunately, they'll never connect the dots to realize it's the people they voted for who screwed them in the first place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast