Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: Movie Mistakes with Firearms

I don't think I've seen a higher capacity double barrel shotgun than Army of Darkness

48 times till Ash was out (or something close to that, its been awhile since high school and bad B flims)
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    I don't think I've seen a higher capacity double barrel shotgun than Army of Darkness

48 times till Ash was out (or something close to that, its been awhile since high school and bad B flims)
    Movies that don't even try to be realistic don't count.

If you watch Evil Dead Part 2, you'll see that Ash should have actually died at least 7 times, but it's such a great and shitty movie at the same time, those kinds of things can be easily overlooked.

But if you watch really close you can see the string pulling the car over the bridge near the beginning of the movie.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Not a movie, but I'm sitting here watching Extreme Smuggling Drugs2 on Discovery. They are interviewing "Peruvian Drug Dealer" I states "if they shoot me I'll kill 'em" He pulls out a handgun and racks the slide. Not only is there no round in the chamber, but as you look down into the chamber you can see the red of an empty magazine! What a joke!

Also in The Walking Dead, season 1 episode 1. When Rick, Shane and the other two deputies are setting up to stop the guys in the muscle car.

One of the other two deputies is talking about being on Cops and Rick or Shane (I forget who) tells him to shut up and make sure they have a round chambered and safety off.

The deputy is holding a Glock. He pulls the slide, briefly revealing an empty magazine and then flicks the slide release like a safety after the slide is forward again.

(Philadelphia County)

Basically every movie, ever... that had guns and wasn't directed by Michael Mann (Heat, Collateral) or Gareth Evans (The Raid).

I'll chime in with the 'super realistic' hollywood turd - The Hurt Locker. Optics on backwards, Aimpoint CompM2s that are magnified, ACOGs with extra knobs, forward assists on the left side of M4s, a little bit of blood on a mag causing a .50 BMG to fail to load, etc and etc. And that's only the gun-related BS. I won't even go into how ludicrous the plot was...

I learned in the movie Shoot 'Em Up that I don't even need a gun to defend myself. All I need is to put a round between each finger and then hold my hand in a fireplace...

It's on the movie screen, so it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Also in The Walking Dead, season 1 episode 1. When Rick, Shane and the other two deputies are setting up to stop the guys in the muscle car.

One of the other two deputies is talking about being on Cops and Rick or Shane (I forget who) tells him to shut up and make sure they have a round chambered and safety off.

The deputy is holding a Glock. He pulls the slide, briefly revealing an empty magazine and then flicks the slide release like a safety after the slide is forward again.
    You forgot to mention the ten thousand rounds they fired to kill 3 guys. Then all of a sudden Rick and Shane are expert shots a few weeks later.

(York County)

Here's one I missed on the first viewing of "Road to Perdition" (which, BTW, I think is a great movie otherwise). At the end when Tom Hanks' character gets shot in front of the picture window by Jude Law's character, the bullet goes through and blood sprays all over the picture window behind Hanks...but the window remains untouched! If the bullet came out causing the spray, how did it not shatter the window??? Another magic bullet theory?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Here's a few more:

For those of you who have seen the 1967 remake of The Killers with Lee Marvin, Angie Dickinson and Ronald Reagan; The hitmen played by Lee Marvin and Clu Gulager use silenced S&W revolvers.
    Its been nearly 25 + years, but I have seen and handled suppressors built for revolvers, almost identical to what was in the movie. It was very interesting design wise. The barrels were back cut to fit a barrel tube inside the suppressor, while the body was slotted to allow the rear sight to act as a retainer. The inside of the rear of the suppressor was spring loaded...so you would insert the barrel of the revolver into the rear of the suppressor, compress the spring while guiding the rear sight into the slot, turn the suppressor to the left and allow the spring to force the suppressor foward, locking the sight into the retaining slot. I remember them being a little longer than the ones in the movie, and I didn't fire them, so I don't know how well they worked, but they were real and existed...they weren't movie props. They had no marks and were made of steel, and I don't think they would work on any gun except the one they were made for.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by chillafusion View Post
    Just caught one of these while re-watching the TV show "Lost".. In the later seasons Jack is in a shoot-out at the Dharma village, camera shows him unloading a .45, and it pans back and forth, one second it's a Luger, and the other it's the .45 again.. Haha
    Since nothing in the show made sense anyway, who's to say that was a mistake?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast