Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    (Washington County)

In Elysium, Matt Damon's AK jams.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: Movie Mistakes with Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Wifey-poo was watching that Eastern Kentucky program about the Deputy Marshall - can't remember the name of it right now (hey, I'm 67 years old!).
    Justified. Totally stupid program. Marshalls wouldn't be involved with chasing moonshiners.

(Northampton County)

I cannot name them right now. But i can't tell you how many times i watch a movie and no rounds are ejected.

(Bucks County)

Was watching something last night, bad guy's shooting, pistol slide locks back on the empty mag. He's being ordered to drop the gun, and he's looking like he is thinking about shooting some more, oblivious.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    .......... pistol slide locks back on the empty mag. ............ and he's looking like he is thinking about shooting some more, oblivious.
    This actually happens to me often when competing.. Rather funny when you try and shoot an empty gun.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    I thought that at first too, then realized it was probably the Colt hitting the floor after she dropped it.......

Then I cringed at the thought of a Colt Python hitting concrete and went back to believing it was a brass casing. Lol
    Actually I think we're both right. I just rewatched the clip here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMgdEltc0RA), it's at the very end. You hear the shot, then a brass casing hit the ground, then the gun hitting the ground.

(Pike County)

Watching the X files now (Netflix FTW). Scully picks up a shellcasing off the ground and asking a deputy, if another deputy was carrying .38. I didn't even have time to process that, when the deputy said "yes, .38 super". So, yeah, it checks out. Except, maybe for a seasoned agent, referring to .38 super as just .38.

Updated: closer to the end of the episode the same deputy was brandishing his Beretta 92/96. So either that department has variety of duty guns, or filmmakers have no clue. I'd vote for the latter.
    Last edited by Metz; February 21st, 2014 at 11:11 AM.
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

Saying .38, then dep says .38, followed by .38 Super has a triple-impact upon the viewer who lives in a world of guns vicariously...LOL. Sort of like those explosions that explode three or four times...

which reminds me....the scenes where the good guys outrun and dive clear of an explosion...last summer I was watching aerial fireworks explode and spread overhead. Covers a large area VERY quickly. Couldn't help comparing it to the ridiculous TV explosion-avoidance scenes.
    Last edited by Bang; February 21st, 2014 at 05:22 PM.

(Pike County)

X-files, ep. 0809. A metal man Ray Pierce is being hit by a car in the very beginning. The car is totaled, but the metal man didn't move a fraction of an inch. FBI found the imprints of his boot soles, going half an inch into asphalt. Aside from the facf, that no boots on earth will be able to remain intact after being exposed to such force and this is a gun, and not a shoemakers' forum, I'll jump few scenes forward.

The very same man, that didn't move after being hit by a car flies good couple of yards back, after being shot with fucking sawed off shotgun. Fucking really? Apparently the dumbass hollywood filmmakers didn't just fail their Eddie Eagle class, but basic physics too.
    Last edited by Metz; February 25th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Je suis déplorable

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by howiepa View Post
    I always thought it was amusing to hear the Hollywood "gun cocking" sound when a character produces pretty much any handgun, but especially a Glock. This happens in The Avengers when my future ex-wife Scarlett Johansson pulls out her Glock and levels it at Eric Bana (as Bruce Banner).
    Not terribly important but the Hulk in The Avengers was Mark Ruffalo. Eric Bana was the title character in Ang Lee's "Hulk."

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast