Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Lightbulb OOPS, scared a guy,,, A good thing though!

I had just gotten back from a long hard day at work, Took off my lined flannel shirt and sat at the PC, I hear a "Hello, Hello" calling at my side window from a man whom I dont know, My fearless guard dog starts to growl and bark as I stand and see some guy standing in the drive way of the apt building I own, He is asking about a car in the back which you cant see from the street, This is what he could see from where he was...
    I ask him to meet me at the side door, I open the wood door, and ask what he wants, He asks about the Volvo which my sister's husband was just rear ended in and is waiting for the ins co to pay up,, I open the screen door and kindly ask him to" not go into the yard and I am not interested in your services", He starts to apologize ALOT and begins to walk away, I stand there till he is well gone, I just then realize that when I told him I had no interest, He saw this

This is what he didnt see fully, My friend, Smith and wesson 357,

And finally my visious growling/howling guard dog! WHich He didnt see eather

I dont take kindly folks taking a stroll into my yard, My sis lives in the apt above me as well, She has a 1 year old, and she walks her lil dog in the yard after dark.
    I am thinking that this gent WONT be back in my yard, I mostly forgot that I was carrying on open sight, I really dont even feel this scandium/aluminum J frame on me, I think it is 14oz loaded, And I never OC,
    OOPS, But in the long run, I think it worked out real well.
    Peter.
    Sorry for the long thread, And waiting for the pics.
    Last edited by pred; April 3rd, 2008 at 07:47 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: OOPS, scared a guy,,, A good thing though!

Great story! You'll probably never know what his true intentions were but you can be sure you won't need to worry about them!
    By the way, I'd be really careful if I was you with the direction you have that muzzle pointing. An accidental discharge could have a serious impact regarding any future offspring!
    NRA, SAF, IDPA, FOP, PA Sheriffs Assoc.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" - Benjamin Franklin

I would also be careful of taking a pic of a loaded gun propped with a lighter on the trigger. That is how accident happen. Empty the gun when you prop it up like that, Yeah i know, it had to pull a lot to fall from Double action, Just saying... A loaded gun when you pick it up with an obstacle in it is very dangerous.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Glad it all worked out without any strange happenings.

Now, let that dog sleep! He earned some rest time! He obviously works hard!

(Warren County)

How you carry and what pics you take aside, did you ever figure out what the person may have been doing on your property?

I'd hate to see the car not get fixed because the insurance adjuster was there about the car that had been rearended, but was chased off because of a "maniac with a gun" ...
    Zone1
    My Glock does 1d6+3 dmg, but my 18 dex makes up for that...

(Montgomery County)

Question - Why do you have your lighter near the trigger like that?

I am new to the gun world, and I've seen this a lot, but with other objects. (corks etc.)

kinda sounds like you scared off the guy who rear ended the car, or an insurance guy. Hopefully this doesnt cause waves for your sister.

(Philadelphia County)

The dress of this guy, well he was definately after the Volvo, Most likely for scrap value, He was NOT dressed like anything more than a guy if seen in your back yard at night, You would instantly call 911!
    As far as the lighter in the trigger, you are right! I should never have anything in there except for my finger when pointing at a target! I changed the pic to a more user friendly pic, You are right!!!!! I dont want to set a careless example!
    Peter.
    Last edited by pred; April 3rd, 2008 at 07:48 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Pred - I didn't mean it like that about the lighter. It's just that..in the past few days, I've been browsing gun sites, and I see pictures of revolvers and pistols, with objects by the trigger like that, and I don't know what that stands for.

I wish I would of saved the link to this one site..so i could show you want I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Pred - I didn't mean it like that about the lighter. It's just that..in the past few days, I've been browsing gun sites, and I see pictures of revolvers and pistols, with objects by the trigger like that, and I don't know what that stands for.

I wish I would of saved the link to this one site..so i could show you want I mean.
    doesnt stand for anything that i know of, just a way to prob up a pistol for a good picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast