Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Early Gen1 Glock value - Info ?

I am not a glock guy, but had one caome into the shop that is an early model.
    Are collectors looking for ealry ones.? This is a glock 17, gen 1, with the austrain markings on the frame,slide,and barrel, with original case,17rnd mag, and metal mag?. SN# code is DD and low 100's, in good condition. Dident know if there was a way to guage these things ont he market.

Any help would be great, Thanks

Bob
    Liberty Arms
    Last edited by RWG818; February 20th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: Early Gen1 Glock value - Info ?

On average they go for a little less than a new one. I picked a CS for $400 last year in great condition with NDF mags. I have seen people on GT pay $600.
    DD is Aug 1988

Actually G17 is the only true Gen1. I don't think they are a collectors item but
    somebody else out there might. Put it on Gunbroker, start the auction at .01, no reserve and find out. I bet you get a fair price.
    Stand and Fight

(Allegheny County)

If it's mint as new condition then you would probably get a good buck for it, I'd say between 550.00-600.00, this would be with original box, mags etc. Glock has never made a metal mag so that's worthless.

I have an early gen2 G17 HG Sept 1989 with Austrian proofs, mint condition with box, original 2 mags that I would not sell for less than 600.00 if I ever decided to sell it, but that's me. IMO I think the early G17's are the best Glock has ever produced.

I'm also partial to gen2's and again I think they were Glocks best generation of guns.