Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a Glock 21 .45 acp....Any reviews

I am currently looking to add a Glock 21 in .45acp to my stable. I currently have a 17 and a 22 both in Gen 4. I most likely will stick with the Gen 4 with this purchase. I know Glocks are reliable, hence why I bought mine, but how is recoil, any issues? The size of the frame does not bother me either as I have goliath hands anyways. Any feedback fire it this way. I prefer a Glock as well as my local LE dealer is plentiful on most glocks, and they did not have a Smith which would be my second choice.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Looking for a Glock 21 .45 acp....Any reviews

I've handled a G21 Gen 3 and wasn't a huge fan as I thought the grip was to large for me. I have stuck to the Springfield Armory XD models.

Just my .02

I have roughly 1100 rounds (1080 to be exact) through a pair of Gen 3 G21's that I sold last year. Main reason for selling them was too much conflict with the grip angle of the 1911, which I do a lot of instinct shooting with. 1100 rounds between 2 G21's wasn't even a fart in a lifetime of farts, but I can honestly say that they performed well. Speed shooting isn't as good as a G17/19, but you can do it with some concentration and grip; oh yea, if you can wrap your hands around the grip. I joke about the grip because it takes the hand of a big foot to grasp it, but it's not really that bad. Honestly, if I hadn't gotten so enamored with the 1911, I'd still have them. Fortunately, I didn't lose any $$$ on them, as well. If I had to go into combat and didn't have a 1911, it's one of three guns I like to have, the others being an HK 45 or an HK USP 45. Obviously, I'd have to train with it to retune my instinct pointing, but that is part of the fun of shooting. If you can palm a basketball, you'll enjoy one. It comes in a short frame model as well for those of us with children hands.

edit: oh yea, I never shot any match ammo with them, but off of a muzzle rest, I could muster 7 to 8" groups with them at 50 yds with WWB 230 gr ball, once I got rid of the white line on the rear sight. Not too bad, IMO, for a stock gun with standard factory ammo and no kind of bullseye trigger.
    Last edited by harold63; February 19th, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I I joke about the grip because it takes the hand of a big foot to grasp it, .
    believe me when I tell you he has the hands of a bigfoot!
    not to get off subject though, I talked to Mike (the big glock guy at LGS) and he said he'd actually preferred the 21 over the 22. He felt like it was not as bad as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by paptini View Post
    believe me when I tell you he has the hands of a bigfoot!
    not to get off subject though, I talked to Mike (the big glock guy at LGS) and he said he'd actually preferred the 21 over the 22. He felt like it was not as bad as you might think.
    Heh, heh...yea, it's not that bad. Shooting two handed is a piece of cake, it's just the one hand stuff that got a little tricky for me, especially with sweaty hands. I couldn't keep my hand up in the frame like I wanted to.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Luzerne County)

I have a 4th gen 21, it is a great shooter and it has not given me any trouble. I did drop a Fulcrum Ultimate Trigger Kit in it and swapped out the sights before firing it for the first time. I am still running the stock ejector and housing, just swapped out the connector and spring from the kit. I have not experienced any ejection issues.

You will find recoil to be less sharp than the 22. I run mine with the small grip configuration (no removable backstrap), to me the grip feels about the same as my 23 that I run with a medium backstrap.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Lehigh County)

i have a gen3 g21. it does have a big grip. not to bad to shoot. if you are used to glocks, then you should have no problem.

(Philadelphia County)

I shot the SF version and liked it. Less recoil than I expected for a .45.

(Bucks County)

I am a Glock fan so am biased but the 21 is awesome. Sometimes when I hear all the complaints about grip size I wonder because I don't have big hands and the 21 is easy to shoot one handed. Recoil is less than any 45 I have ever shot. And like all Glocks it eats everything. Not sure how many rounds I have shot to date but have shot many brands of FMJ as well as JHP and +P. Add custom sights and a trigger kit and the gun is a great target gun. I don't shoot 1911s so the whole grip angle complaint does not apply to me either. Mine is a Gen 3.

I also think the octagonal rifling is pretty cool. To my knowledge only HK has made a 45 with that type of rifling (besides Glock).

Get it! You won't be disappointed.

(Cumberland County)

It's big, it's bad, it's jammed full of .45acp?

Plus the largest aftermarket for pistols period, save maybe 1911s.

What more could you ask for?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast