Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Received this email from Rep. Gerlach today

Thank you for your contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun control. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, in the aftermath of the school shootings in Newtown, CT, Vice President Joe Biden was charged with leading a task force including members of advocacy groups, teachers, elected officials, and sports and wildlife conservationists to prepare recommendations for President Obama on how to reduce gun violence. On January 16th, President Obama unveiled this broad package of measures that range from legislative proposals to ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips to Executive Orders to improve incentives for states to contribute records to federal background check systems established under existing law. I look forward to the President bringing these plans to Congress where I hope to have an open and honest discussion with my House colleagues and constituents about how to protect the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens while, at the same time, preventing those who lack the ability and competency to responsibly use firearms from obtaining and using them to harm innocent victims.

Let me make it explicitly clear that my policy positions and votes on legislation are driven and determined by what I believe will be in the best interests of the over 700,000 constituents who I represent in the Sixth Congressional District of Pennsylvania. Our constituency is made up of individuals with a diverse range of opinions and beliefs on all issues, including polarizing and sensitive topics such as gun control, and it is my responsibility to take into consideration all of these thoughts and opinions before making any final decision as to how I will vote on legislation.

With that being said, during my tenure in Congress, I have supported legislation to preserve and protect the constitutional rights of our citizens, including those rights provided under the Second Amendment. However, as is the case with every bill that comes to the House floor, I will evaluate each piece of legislation and weigh the costs, benefits and expected impact of such legislation against the concerns and views of my constituents and one's Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Thank you for contacting me regarding this important issue. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you or your family in the future.

With kind regards, I am

Sincerely,

Jim Gerlach
    Member of Congress

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Received this email from Rep. Gerlach today

Way not to take a stance on an a topic. Bet old Jim is good at dodgeball.

Pretty long winded way to say I ain't sayin nothin.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Montgomery County)

I thought I hear tap dancing music when I was reading it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djf626 View Post
    I thought I hear tap dancing music when I was reading it.
    Keep writing though, we need to be heard. I think Fitzpatrick is going to get a restraining order on me if I send one more letter.

(Bucks County)

Let me make it explicitly clear that my policy positions and votes on legislation are driven and determined by what I believe will be in the best interests of the over 700,000 constituents who I represent in the Sixth Congressional District of Pennsylvania.

Your first obligation is to defend the Constitution you took an oath to uphold, and to only pass legislation that does not violate it, even if is an unpopular stance. It is the document after all, that created your job Mr. Public Servant.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    Let me make it explicitly clear that my policy positions and votes on legislation are driven and determined by what I believe will be in the best interests of the over 700,000 constituents who I represent in the Sixth Congressional District of Pennsylvania.

Your first obligation is to defend the Constitution you took an oath to uphold, and to only pass legislation that does not violate it, even if is an unpopular stance. It is the document after all, that created your job Mr. Public Servant.
    Absolutely! What he must remember, is that anything he votes to pass in PA affects ALL of PA. His "opinion" has no equality with my RIGHTS, which are explicitly acknowledged and protected by the entire force of the Constitution of Pennsylvania.

Don't agree? You are welcome to find your own Betsy Ross and form your own (Communist/Fascist) regime and we'll do battle like civilized countries.

Then we'll conquer your new pansy gun-hating Country and put them to work building our pyramids

On the other hand, if you want to remain a part of the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, then stand on the side of Responsible Citizens who respect the Constitution of our Commonwealth and of our Nation and Preserve and Protect our Rights as INVIOLATE and EXCEPTED from the powers of the government to regulate or infringe.

Read Article I, Sections XXI and XXV

§ 21. Right to bear arms.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

§ 25. Reservation of powers in people.
    To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.
    (May 16, 1967, P.L.1035, J.R.1)
    My emphasis.
    I Dial 1911

(Schuylkill County)

Sad thing is, this is how the majority of letters are written that we're all receiving. Too plain, and no direct response.

I'm truly scared. I'm scared our so called "pro-gun" reps will sell us out over compromise. But I'm more scared that we as a country are too far gone to return.
    III%