Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default firearm refinishing in Lycoming county?

Does anyone know of a good place to have a gun refinished in Lycoming county? I'd even be willing to drive as far as the Harrisburg area for a good job. Looking for someone who can do cerakote, duracoat, kg gunkote, etc or even a good hot blue job. Thanks

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: firearm refinishing in Lycoming county?

let me rephrase that a little, I would be willing to travel an hour or so in any direction from lycoming county for someone who does good work.

(Lycoming County)

I've been looking for someone locally here as well to refinish a pistol. No luck yet if I find anything I'll be sure to let you know.

I just had my PF9 slide Cerakoted by Ray at Survival Response Technologies in the Linden area. It looks WAY better than when it left the Kel-Tec factory... Now I have him refinishing my M1 Super 90 and Ruger Mk.III (he's also threading the barrel).

http://www.survivalresponse.org/
    Phone: (570) 484-5520

(Lycoming County)

Awesome. I'm in Williamsport so that's perfect, I'll give them a call. Thanks

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    I just had my PF9 slide Cerakoted by Ray at 11Survival Response Technologies in the Linden area. It looks WAY better than when it left the Kel-Tec factory... Now I have him refinishing my M1 Super 90 and Ruger Mk.III (he's also threading the barrel).

http://www.survivalresponse.org/
    Phone: (570) 484-5520
    Never been to this place but I have seen it mentioned in a couple of threads. Where in Linden are they located I'm Jersey Shore area so it can't be real far from the house.

Mind me asking how much for the slide to be done. I got an old star 1911 clone I'm considering doing a sig scorpian type finish on.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Never been to this place but I have seen it mentioned in a couple of threads. Where in Linden are they located I'm Jersey Shore area so it can't be real far from the house.

Mind me asking how much for the slide to be done. I got an old star 1911 clone I'm considering doing a sig scorpian type finish on.
    112 Thunder Rd, Linden, PA 17744, there's a mini google map on the "contact us" section of the website. I'm in Avis and from our direction you turn left up Pine Run Road at the Sheetz and then turn right on Emery Church Rd and its like not even a 1/4 mile up on the right, it's a dirt road and stay to the right at the Y.

I actually don't know what the cost will be for the slide yet, since he's doing two of my other guns and I have a gun on layaway there we're just lumping everything together.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    112 Thunder Rd, Linden, PA 17744, there's a mini google map on the "contact us" section of the website. I'm in Avis and from our direction you turn left up Pine Run Road at the Sheetz and then turn right on Emery Church Rd and its like not even a 1/4 mile up on the right, it's a dirt road and stay to the right at the Y.

I actually don't know what the cost will be for the slide yet, since he's doing two of my other guns and I have a gun on layaway there we're just lumping everything together.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go check this place out next week. I've heard them mentioned several times on here and never went yet. I don't know what other smith work they do but I have a couple of things that need looked at and quality smiths seem to be hard to come by around here any more. thanks again.

(Lycoming County)

I second Survival Response. Good Guy and does good work.
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger