Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Sheriff Joe McGinn of Delco to step down

Joe McGinn, the current sheriff of Delco will not be seeking another term in the next election.

Republicans endorsed Mary McFall Hopper, of Ridley Park, for sheriff, according to Peterson. McFall Hopper currently serves as regulatory counsel for Aqua America, according to Peterson.

I do not know as yet who the Democrat running will be.
    I also do not know the history on the 2nd amendment of Mary McFall Hopper, other than she is now a corporate lawyer for a monopoly utility. I don't get her being picked based on what I see in the history I searched.

I will post more info as I gather it!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Sheriff Joe McGinn of Delco to step down

Perhaps she could do something about wait times for carry permits, but I doubt it. Perhaps she could do like a number of counties and have the PICS check while you wait, even if it takes a while due to a crowded counter, but I doubt it. In the end, the only difference will be the name on the door.

Currently, I am waiting for a renewal carry permit, it will be 5 weeks tomorrow. I am hoping toward the end of next week. It would of been quicker in ches.co., which I believe is one of the counties that have the while you wait system.

(Delaware County)

I agree, I doubt its gonna change anything. I applied for my LTCF Jan. 10th, and they told me it could take up to 90 days. When I mentioned the 45 Day law they got upset and told me that they are really backed up. Cant wait to see what changes with a new sheriff.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Resume

http://delcogop.org/pdfs/MaryHopperResume.pdf

Maybe with a lawyer... DELCO Sheriff will actually follow the law

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Resume

http://delcogop.org/pdfs/MaryHopperResume.pdf

Maybe with a lawyer... DELCO Sheriff will actually follow the law
    Thanks!!

So she has not been an elected official since 2007? I find that interesting.
    She lost her primary and then the borough went democrat. Very strange reward.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Well,,,,, as I read her resume,,,, she has been defending Aqua and PECO against customer complaints. This does not bode well, IMHO. She must be questioned thoroughly on her 2A position. This must come down to how she would handle NFA sign off.

EDIT: We may want to put this out in a more read thread..... and get some more attention to the issue.
    Last edited by thundrr1; February 18th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I agree, I doubt its gonna change anything. I applied for my LTCF Jan. 10th, and they told me it could take up to 90 days. When I mentioned the 45 Day law they got upset and told me that they are really backed up. Cant wait to see what changes with a new sheriff.
    This brings up an interesting point. The county will not permit renewals for current permit holders anymore that 60 days in advance to the expiration date. Ninety days? Will the county give out a temp. permit beyond the expiration? The state has done so for the sake of car registrations when there has been a problem with penn dot. The system has to be streamlined, especially for renewals, or perhaps they should assign more personal to the application process.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    This brings up an interesting point. The county will not permit renewals for current permit holders anymore that 60 days in advance to the expiration date. Ninety days? Will the county give out a temp. permit beyond the expiration? The state has done so for the sake of car registrations when there has been a problem with penn dot. The system has to be streamlined, especially for renewals, or perhaps they should assign more personal to the application process.
    Your license is good for 6 months past expiration if you're still in good standing and otherwise eligible to get reapproved.

There is no law that says you have to wait until two months before expiration to reapply. If you were bored and rich, you could reapply every day

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    Well,,,,, as I read her resume,,,, she has been defending Aqua and PECO against customer complaints. This does not bode well, IMHO.
    You really can't blame her for defending Aqua and PECO. She is/was their lawyer. If you ever have to hire a lawyer to defend you, I'm sure that you'll hope that they do what you've hired them to do.

While it would be nice to know where she stands on 2A issues, I don't think we'll hear too much about them. If she's been hand-picked by the Delco GOP Machine, she's as good as in, no matter what her 2A opinions are.

(Delaware County)

Man some of you are sounding like she is the one. So when is the term up. As far as I am concerned let's get some competition in this for a 3rd party

And can some how a mod send a mass email to all Delco residents if any thing this is what is needed to be done
    Last edited by Sigfan22; February 19th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast