Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: AR15 Pistol Thread

just got my built this weekend, took it out last nite.

i don't see the hype. AR pistol harder to shoot vs AR or just glock. the report was so loud i can't ever see myself using it indoor in a sd situation.

i didn't have a sling on so maybe my opinion will change once i get more trigger time.

10.5 spike upper
    jard billet lower
    phase 5 tube.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post

i don't see the hype. AR pistol harder to shoot vs AR or just glock. the report was so loud i can't ever see myself using it indoor in a sd situation.

i didn't have a sling on so maybe my opinion will change once i get more trigger time.

10.5 spike upper
    jard billet lower
    phase 5 tube.
    AR pistols are really just fun flashy and loud range toy, definitely not a highly practical "handgun". If you can, do the paperwork and put a stock on that SOB and make it an SBR.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

al,
    200.00 check is in the mail.

i'm not gonna put anymore money into this, okay, beside for the troy rail that's coming, but after that, it's just gonnna sit in the safe till i get my stamp.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post

You're either doing something wrong... or you just need to get used to it.

...or you shoot glocks INCREDIBLY well. Haha.

With good iron sights/BUIS, you should be able to shoot an AR15 pistol with ease (on par with a AR15 SBR and only slightly worse than a AR15 carbine [unless you're shooting beyond 100 yards]), especially if you use the buffer tube as a consistent cheekweld.

But yeah, they tend to be loud... the muzzle device can have a lot to do with that, too.

(Westmoreland County)

OP updated with "final" pics with Phase 5 Tactical Buffer Assy (finally) and then dressed up with some Magpul gear (supporting CO stance, post-order I found out about their LE stance :\)
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    OP updated with "final" pics with Phase 5 Tactical Buffer Assy (finally) and then dressed up with some Magpul gear (supporting CO stance, post-order I found out about their LE stance :\)
    Any reason for mounting the sights backward? You're the 2nd person I saw doing that. The other was a Gun Broker listing.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    Any reason for mounting the sights backward? You're the 2nd person I saw doing that. The other was a Gun Broker listing.

Al
    Excitement to put it together while trying to work from home. Embarrassment aside, I'll get it fixed up up when I have a chance to play with it.

Thanks

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    Excitement to put it together while trying to work from home. Embarrassment aside, I'll get it fixed up up when I have a chance to play with it.

Thanks
    Ahhh...OK. Don't worry, I thought you meant to do it and since I saw someone else did it, I was wondering if there was a reason. I usually mount these sights as far up front and as far back as possible to maximize the sight radius. Longer sight radius, means lesser sight alignment errors.

Al

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    Ahhh...OK. Don't worry, I thought you meant to do it and since I saw someone else did it, I was wondering if there was a reason. I usually mount these sights as far up front and as far back as possible to maximize the sight radius. Longer sight radius, means lesser sight alignment errors.

Al
    I thought the same thing. I just slid em on while on a conference call without close inspection. I should have known better because I thought it was strange the screw direction in the AFG was opposite and that a manufacturer should standardize it... heh. my bad.

Pic should be updated.

P.S. I really feel bad for the guy I chuckled at for putting his EOTech on backwards on arfcom.

(Delaware County)

Firepower and ice water

Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast