Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default PA State Police refuse to finger print for out of state permits?!?!?!?!

Hello all, new here, wish I found you before I decided to move from PA.

I recently took a job in Nevada. My new job will be working in NV, Arizona and New Mexico, traveling most of the time. Currently, you have to reside in NV for 60 days before applying for their carry permit. But I found that Arizona's non-res permit is good in NV, so that will cover me until I can apply in Reno.

So today I took my Arizona application and finger print cards to the Beaver State Police and they told me THEY DO NOT DO PRINTS FOR OUT OF STATE PERMITS.

The receptionist directed me to the Beaver County Jail, but no one answered in the booking dept.

If this true? PA State Police can refuse printing to out of state permits? Is this legal?

Default Re: PA State Police refuse to finger print for out of state permits?!?!?!?!

It would seem PSP has no set rule for doing these kind of prints. Some stations will do them, others will not.

I don't believe AZ requires prints to be done by law enforcement, so anyone can do them for you if they have the skill.

You could try other police/sheriff depts. also.

(York County)

Default Re: PA State Police refuse to finger print for out of state permits?!?!?!?!

When I got my prints done for my Utah permit I went to my local/county police station, the one closest to my house. There wasn't anyone there that could do and they set up a time when I could come back.

No problem other than that. The detective was curious as to what it was all about, why Utah, etc., so we had a nice chat. Easy going.

I have been hearing about many departments refusing, I suppose they are not required to do it? Find one that will, it doesn't have to be state.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Beaver County)

Thanks guys. I guess I will try my local police station. Buddy just told me they might be hyper sensitive because of the Florida loophole thing. Didnt think of that.

This sucks. I want to have my permit before I move!

(Delaware County)

My local PD fingerprints for a fee. Does not matter what it is for. 20 bucks is 20 bucks in their eyes.

(Lancaster County)

If you're going to contact your local PD please call them first to set it up. Many times they don't have an officer in the station to do it and have to call one in from patrol. If you call them and let them know what you'd like to have done and give them a time you'll be there they can have someone on hand to take them.

I've heard quite a few different local stations around here taking prints, so I don't think it's out of the ordinary for them to do them.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Beaver County)

Talking Re: PA State Police refuse to finger print for out of state permits?!?!?!?!

Well, I just walked right into the Aliquippa, PA PD and got er' done. 15 mins in & out. The officer was great about it.

As for anyone else needing this done, the officer said the Beaver County jail does prints for $20. No appointment needed.

Pass the info along, looks like they are making it harder and harder for people in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaving PA View Post
    Well, I just walked right into the Aliquippa, PA PD and got er' done. 15 mins in & out. The officer was great about it.

As for anyone else needing this done, the officer said the Beaver County jail does prints for $20. No appointment needed.

Pass the info along, looks like they are making it harder and harder for people in PA.
    Any fee at Aliquippa PD?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Any fee at Aliquippa PD?
    Negative. The officer said, "Dont worry about it." Guy seemed pretty squared away.

+1 for the Aliquippa PD!

You'd think that they'd appreciate the change, from the usual hand-holding of meth heads and drunks and skanky hookers. Before you go get printed, brush your teeth, use some strawberry-scented shampoo, and wear some clean clothes. A breath mint wouldn't hurt, either.

I've had some very nice conversations with officers while rolling my prints, despite the weirdness of the hand-holding and invasion of personal space. There are some good men and women in blue. Decent folks.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast