Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Park laws

(York County)

Default Park laws

Can anyone help me find a site or a page that will tell me the carry laws for Pa. State parks and our National parks. I like to back pack on the A.T. And some of the trail goes thur state parks . I know the A.T. Is a national park. I want to carry when hiking but I do not want to break the law. I do have my cc permit for Pa. Thanks for any help

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Park laws

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag View Post
    Can anyone help me find a site or a page that will tell me the carry laws for Pa. State parks and our National parks. I like to back pack on the A.T. And some of the trail goes thur state parks . I know the A.T. Is a national park. I want to carry when hiking but I do not want to break the law. I do have my cc permit for Pa. Thanks for any help
    National Parks follow the law of the state in which the park is located. You absolutely cannot carry into a building that has a federal employee stationed to work there.

State Parks - a LTCF or reciprocal license is required to carrying in a State Park. However, there is a State Park regulation prohibiting open carry. That regulation is supposed to be null & void via a law that was enacted, but DNCR is refusing to concede to the new law's text. ....so, at this point in time I personally recommend that you keep the gun concealed.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Thanks for the info. knight0334 seems to me that they try to make the laws so no one understands them. All I want is to protect my self and any one with me with out breaking the law. That don' even sound right why should we be breaking the law protecting our selfs?

Josephine Ave La Vista, NE-68128, Nebraska

Laws associated with Pa. State parks and our National park. Try the coomberlaw site.
    Last edited by carolkarl; February 21st, 2013 at 05:51 AM.