Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: 1st time gunshow

Quote Originally Posted by mugadutz View Post
    you know guys like this Orive guy is nothing but a bunch of REDNECK ASSHOLES that get there nuts off carrying a gun
    Have the other two posts from this real thinking man been as insightful? Into guns for 50 years?? No doubt he is been into something for 50 years, certainly not guns. Perhaps during his infraction time out, he could take an english writing class.
    Last edited by c45man; February 17th, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mugadutz View Post
    do you mean you can't go 4 or 5 hours with out a loaded gun----------are you a fugitive on the run if they would allow a person in, carrying a loaded weapon------HMMM let me see aprox. 2000 people ----1000 of which carry a weapon-----HMMM let me see aprox. 500 of them are NUTSOS= i would not want to be in that building. i have been into guns 50+ years never had the urge to carry a gun
    So you are saying that 25% of the attendees at gunshows have mental issues and should not be armed. Interesting.

Does that equally correlate to Cracker Barrel patrons ?

Exactly what I was thinking however I was not sure how to say it without sounding like a jerk well said Orive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    OK let me see if I understand this,

I should support a gun show that is going to limit my ability to carry my defensive weapon, BUT I should not support stores/restaurants/businesses that deny my right to carry my defensive weapon?

OK.

To the poster that has not had the urge to carry a gun for 50 years, I am glad for you. Deciding to carry a gun is a decision that each of us must make for ourselves. If you choose not too, then you don't.

I however, have been carrying a gun from sun-up to sun-down every day since 1985 (+/-). With LEO creds, under a CCW/LTCF/CLP and without.

Each of us makes decisions based on our life experiences.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    It is the gun show, they choose to hold the event in that place. They choose to abide by the rules of the location that they were going to rent/lease.

There are many that "choose" to attend a gun show, even when it means that they cannot carry, many of these same people "cry and whine" when a restaurant/store/business, etc... tells them that they can't carry there.

The difference is that the people going to the gun show "choose" to comply with the "anti-gun" attitude at the show, when they would never "choose" to comply with the same "anti-gun" attitude of the business.

It is what it is, nothing more; nothing less.
    Actually it is show promotor's, in this case C&E, liability insurance carrier and not the managers of the convention center setting these rules. I'm no huge fan of some of C&Es managment but I do understand their position. When I set up at one of their shows I comply with their safety regulations. Whether I agree with them or not. If we had as many gun accidents at my place as they have had at their shows our liability insurance carriers would get jumping ugly on us as well.

(Allegheny County)

It is this simple:

An entity looking to set up a gun show can either allow guns carried loaded, or they can decide not to.

If they allow it, then there are risks involved, and those risks get reflected in the price of the insurance policy they would be carrying for liability for the event. So they can pay the increased prremium for insurance that covers gun incidents, which increases the cost of putting on the gun show, or they can decide not pay that higher premium and instead put on a gun show that is lower cost but does not permit carrying of loaded firearms.

It is entirely possible that the increase insurance premium would be significant enough that the gun show couldn't be put on profitably, in which case I much prefer a gun show without carrying than no gun show at all.

(Lancaster County)

I conceal carry to all gun shows, when they ask me if I have a gun I say no.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Juniata County)

Honestly, if it is truly concealed nobody will know. Just my 2 pennies. Worst they can do is ask you to leave and secure your firearm in your vehicle (or not let you back in). At a show, I am more concerned about people playing with new firearms carelessly than being attacked. If you have to draw in defense it will most likely be to combat artificially high prices.
    Most of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12