Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Personal Instruction Reasonably Priced

I'm looking for some personal firearms instruction for my wife and I along with a friend of mine. There was a guy in the Berks co. area that was an ex cop that was teaching for very reasonable prices but I haven't been able to find any info on him and if he's still teaching. Our local club (Palmyra) hosts Direct Action Tactical but their prices are crazy. They want $200/person for basic pistol so it would be $400 for just the 2 of us.

Thanks!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Personal Instruction Reasonably Priced

I hold NRA basic pistol classes in the Greater Lehigh Valley area. I charge $100/person for the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course. The next course I have room in is on 4/6/13.

If this date does not work for you, I can run a NRA Basic Pistol course for you/your group.

I also offer private lessons. I can host the course/lessons, or I can come to you.

Myself and the other instructor that teaches with me are municipal law enforcement firearm instructors through the PA State Police and are also Certified Pistol Instructors with the NRA. Additional qualifications and information can be found on my website: www.magilltraining.com

If you are interested, shoot me a PM or e-mail me and we can work out the details.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by freshley View Post
    I'm looking for some personal firearms instruction for my wife and I along with a friend of mine. There was a guy in the Berks co. area that was an ex cop that was teaching for very reasonable prices but I haven't been able to find any info on him and if he's still teaching. Our local club (Palmyra) hosts Direct Action Tactical but their prices are crazy. They want $200/person for basic pistol so it would be $400 for just the 2 of us.

Thanks!
    DAT prices are generally below market rate FYI

yeah, courses like the NRA First Steps and such are MUCH cheaper, but thats a different type of course, for a different consumer.

(Lancaster County)

ShawnL is absolutely correct, programs such as NRA first steps and many similar to that are far less expensive. Our program is something different and includes significantly more live fire, detailed instruction and personal coaching.

We do also offer private instruction for $100 an hour per person or $150 an hour for married couples. Any groups larger than that you would need to contact us for per hour pricing or enroll in one of our training courses.

It really all boils down to what you are looking for in your training. If you just want to put a check in the box and receive basic instruction on the function, safety and basic use of the firearm, the an NRA program from a quality instructor would be perfect. Most of our training partners are looking to get the basics in a solid format that will prepare them to continue training in the use of the firearm for defense or sport.

Best of luck to you on your training journey.
    "When Knowledge Counts and Experience Matters"

Quote Originally Posted by Direct Action Tactical View Post
    ShawnL is absolutely correct, programs such as NRA first steps and many similar to that are far less expensive. Our program is something different and includes significantly more live fire, detailed instruction and personal coaching.

We do also offer private instruction for $100 an hour per person or $150 an hour for married couples. Any groups larger than that you would need to contact us for per hour pricing or enroll in one of our training courses.

It really all boils down to what you are looking for in your training. If you just want to put a check in the box and receive basic instruction on the function, safety and basic use of the firearm, the an NRA program from a quality instructor would be perfect. Most of our training partners are looking to get the basics in a solid format that will prepare them to continue training in the use of the firearm for defense or sport.

Best of luck to you on your training journey.
    any chance you guys offer some youtube vids of some of your training setup.

just askin cause ive seen other instructors do this before. all the best.

(Lancaster County)

AK... We have some videos on our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/DirectActionTacticalFirearms

We also have a youtube account but those are old videos and mostly of our team shooters competing and not training.
    "When Knowledge Counts and Experience Matters"

(York County)

you need a friendly "uncle", with his own shooting range and collection of guns to run you thru.

(Butler County)

Im always curious as "reasonable priced" means what? I mean the lessons may save your life and $200 p/day sounds reasonable to me, heck piano lessons cost more per hour! .

(Mifflin County)

Thanks to a cancellation, I was able to enroll in DAT's basic pistol course which will be held next Saturday March 30.

This is my first training course and I'm really looking forward to it. I do not consider $200 for an eight hour course expensive. Frankly, when my safety and my family's safety is at stake no dollar amount seems too high.

(Philadelphia County)

I've trained with DAT in the past. It's solid training with good people. Phil even gave me a ride when my car broke down.

Basic NRA training has its place, but if you want real instruction on pratical defensive use of a firearm, a proper training course such as DAT offers is necessary. And, as stated above thier prices are very reasonable, other people charge around 500 for a weekend course. You're lucky you're so close to palmyra!
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast