Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default District of Columbia v. Heller reply

This was my reply from Senator Casey about the District of Columbia v. Heller case.

Dear Friend:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding District of Columbia v. Heller which is currently pending before the United States Supreme Court. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

As you may know, I support the Second Amendment and will continue to uphold the rights of law-abiding citizens to legally own firearms. I also believe we must fully enforce local gun laws and help local governments put more law enforcement officers on the street. Recently, I signed onto an Amicus Curiae (friend of the court) brief circulated by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas. This brief reaffirms my position that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

Default Re: District of Columbia v. Heller reply

that has to be the most informative letter I have ever seen lol.
    Talk about beating around the bush.
    Last edited by ••SpraynPray••; April 2nd, 2008 at 03:01 PM.

Hokkmike Guest

As you may know, I support the Second Amendment and will continue to uphold the rights of law-abiding citizens to legally own firearms. I also believe we must fully enforce local gun laws and help local governments put more law enforcement officers on the street.
    A little squiggle room there.

(Allegheny County)

I should have saved the letter I sent him; it was respectful but firm. I can never help but bring up how crime follows stiffer gun laws so I suggested to him that if he wants to curb crime rather than take guns from good people, do background checks on everybody and hand guns and training out to every one who qualifies to own one. then watch the crime statistics drop like a lead balloon when criminals think everybody has a gun.

Think about it, it may sound radical but I know it would work. What would be cheaper, cops and cars at a cost per time forever or hand someone a gun and show them how to use it once? We're talking MAJOR tax savings here.

(Northampton County)

I really hate these responses. They never really address your questions and leave you with a vague response that they can always talk their way out of depending on the audience. I would very much like to see a politician actual take a solid position on any topic and stick to thier convictions. This sickens me.

(Snyder County)

I just wonder how many of these letters he reads himself. While I would like to take a lot of time and write down all my thoughts and make a strong case, I highly doubt they are read by the intended recipient. I would imagine they are screened by office staff, or simply skimmed and replied with a canned response. For this reason, when I send letter to them, I shortly state the reason for writing and my feelings on the issue. I think they are more interested in a number for and against, rather than our reasons and persuading advice.

None the less, kudos for auctually sending the letter!

(Lebanon County)

There are a few words there that get my attention:

Quote Originally Posted by wboggs View Post
    This was my reply from Senator Casey about the District of Columbia v. Heller case.

Dear Friend:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding District of Columbia v. Heller which is currently pending before the United States Supreme Court. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

As you may know, I support the Second Amendment and will continue to uphold the rights of law-abiding citizens to legally own firearms.
    I also believe we must fully enforce local gun laws and help local governments put more law enforcement officers on the street. Recently, I signed onto an Amicus Curiae (friend of the court) brief circulated by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas. This brief reaffirms my position that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

Isn't there something on the books regarding "local" gun laws?

I have more thoughts, but not enough time right now.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I also believe we must fully enforce local gun laws
    That's a clear tip of the hat to Philly and Pittsburgh and not some sort of a beating-around-the-bush but instead an honest declaration that Casey is not for either of the Constitutional provisions for RKBAs.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    That's a clear tip of the hat to Philly and Pittsburgh and not some sort of a beating-around-the-bush but instead an honest declaration that Casey is not for either of the Constitutional provisions for RKBAs.
    What is RKBA?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wboggs View Post
    What is RKBA?
    Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast