Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Leaving a firearm in a vehicle

Dont know if this is the right spot but here it goes.

We go to a lot of concerts, mostly in some type of city. We usually both are armed but for obvious reasons leave our guns in my truck. Secured in the console with the truck locked. I know i should invest in a firearm safe for my truck but i have to figure out what one to get. My truck also has a locking toolbox. What is the better place to leave our stuff?

Usually when i CC when i get in my truck i put my stuff in the console just for comfort. So it became a habit to leave it there where i know i cant carry. Would u be better off locking it in my toolbox?

Also whats a decent, affordable gun safe that can hold two handguns for a vehicle? Say $100 or under. I seen a few at wal-mart, which got me thinking. Also, would just having it under the seat be enough? Id rather not drill and holes in the floor to secure it (plus i have multiple other vehicles so i could easily transfer it to another).

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Leaving a firearm in a vehicle

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/206...-gun-safe.html

This is what I did. Maybe you can get some ideas.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Lehigh County)

I need to get one of those. That's a good idea

(Bradford County)

I went with a consolevault in my truck. Not cheap, but looks good, solid and a bolt cutter wont remove it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

^^^That is epic and wish my car had a space for that

(Bucks County)

i think leaving a firearm in a vehicle unattended is just about one of the most irresponsible things a gun owner can do. how secure is your console? while it may be locked a determined thief probably wouldn't have a problem popping your console open with a screw driver or small crowbar. 1000's of guns are stolen out of unattended vehicles every year.

with that said a safe is the next best thing if you plan on leaving your gun in your truck but would be totally useless if you don't bolt it to the floor. i would opt for something more expensive as opposed to one of the cheaper safes for less than 100 dollars. a determined theif can probably break into any safe if he has enough time but thieves are looking to get in and out quick so a good safe bolted to the floor will go a long way towards keeping your guns from being stolen.

i don't go to concerts but why not just carry your guns in with you? or are you frisked at the entrance?

(Bucks County)

^^Most event venues like this you're are wanded down and patted down as well...

(Dauphin County)

Check out Tuffy Security. I bought one of them and love it. Mounts under my seat with a slide out drawer. Fits my 229 with magazine taken out, mag then put in there as well. It was just over 100 I believe.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    i don't go to concerts but why not just carry your guns in with you? or are you frisked at the entrance?
    Depending on the type of concert you go to, that wouldn't be a good idea. People all packed together, dancing, jumping, bumping into each other, moshing, crowd surfing etc etc. Very hard to secure your firearm.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    Depending on the type of concert you go to, that wouldn't be a good idea. People all packed together, dancing, jumping, bumping into each other, moshing, crowd surfing etc etc. Very hard to secure your firearm.
    Yup the last one I went to I quickly realized how uncomfortable I would have been if I had not left it locked up in the car. If you were standing or sitting in the back I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but if it is a smaller place like a bar or a club people are usually packed in pretty tight. It's a tough situation because you really want to be armed walking to and from your car, if anything that is where you are going to get into trouble.

Whether or not you are wanded or given a patdown depends largely on the venue and the contract the performer has with the venue. They don't always do it but you usually don't know until you get to the door. You could always call ahead and ask, I'm not sure how well that would work out but you can try it.

Sadly I'm finding as I get older I have less and less desire to go. I still love live music but can't stand the crowds
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast