Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Interstate CCW

(Blair County)

Default Interstate CCW

I was doing some research yesterday and realized that a PA LTCF holder can get a non-resident Tennessee permit pretty easy. I heard most people are interested in a Utah ($59 + class fees) or Florida ($117 + class fees). On Tennessee's webpage it specifically says PA residents must only complete an application and pay a $50 fee. Compared to the Utah permit you would not be able to carry in Washington or Minnesota, there is no difference with the Florida permit. Tennessee does have reciprocity with South Carolina although SC does not recognize non-res permits. Rumor I heard was SC may accept non-res permits soon. Something to keep in mind if you're looking for multi-state carry.

(Philadelphia County)

Cool Re: Interstate CCW

I was looking on the Tennessee website, and it said that you needed to be a resident of the state in order to apply for a CCW. Where did you see the non-resident requirement at? If you can provide me with the link that would be cool....

Peace

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Interstate CCW

It could be out-dated of course, but there is some information here:

http://www.packing.org/state/tennessee

it appears though only to allow people moving to the state to become a resident, or if you're employed in tennessee but aren't are resident.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Interstate CCW

I stand corrected. I was reading an original Tenn webpage that was misleading. After more investigation you must show proof of working in Tenn to get an non-res permit. The original page mentioned about people working in Tenn can get a permit by following these steps, blah, blah, blah. Another section then said non-res applicants from the following states can get a permit by submitting another form and X amount of cash only. I'm trying to find it again the link was saved on my laptop and it just took a dump. I'll post a link when I get it.

I rember clicking a link for non-resident applicants and this is what was confusing- Clicky. Turns out those are the requirements for applicants that MOVED to Tennessee. IIRC they changed their pages a little bit. They added that permit holders of a state with reciprocity working in Tenn do NOT need to get a Tenn permit. Before you had 6 months of 30 hours a week before you had to apply to legally carry in Tenn.
    Last edited by ScooterKrunch; February 1st, 2007 at 05:03 PM.